interserve mwa

bcham
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3581 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i am awaiting a telephone interview from interseve, tomorrow, although i am nearly 60 and partially death ,my adviser asked them to send me an appointment letter, so i could speak face to face with them ,

as im no good on the phone , but they sent me a telephone interview anyway.

any one know what sort of placement i will be on. my adviser also told them i did not want to work in a charity shop.i have to do 30 hours a week so it says on the letter,even though im applying for part time jobs.

any tips for the incoming telephone interview i can use.would be gratefull.

Yes. Record it.

Make it clear that you expressed a preference not to have a phone interview and that you have hearing difficulties

Yes. Record it.

Make it clear that you expressed a preference not to have a phone interview and that you have hearing difficulties

good tip i will record it, any others like whats the best placements to take,

When Interserve contacted me by phone I asked for a face to face interview or appointment but this was denied.

I asked what they knew of the sort of placement that would be appropriate for me, they said they knew nothing about me.

I asked if they had been sent a copy of my CV or if I should send them one, they said that they did not and anyway it would not be necessary.

They gave me two choices, one of which was a charity shop. Strictly speaking they should not offer choices.

I asked that the details of everything discussed be sent to me in writing before I agreed to or accepted anything. I explained that I needed to be sure that I heard and understood what I was being told or asked to give my consent to, this they did two days later. (They are obliged to do this by law anyway, I learnt later.)

My one piece of advice would be not to agree to anything during the initial phone contact. Inform them of, and make sure that they grasp, any restrictions that may influence the nature of the placement they offer. (Your Jobcentre adviser should have given them any such restrictions but it could be as likely they will not have bothered).

You will find the MWA Guidance in the following link invaluable and worth your while reading. Any queries arising; feel free to ask for further clarification, will be only too happy to help where I can.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/300734/pg-part-p.pdf

Section 3.13 deals with the question of choice of placement.

Section 3.14 deals with the question of the number of hours per week spent on the placement.

After the initial phone call or when you receive the confirmation letter, and before you respond in the affirmative to anything, you will be better placed to decide your next move or ask further questions.

When Interserve contacted me by phone I asked for a face to face interview or appointment but this was denied.

I asked what they knew of the sort of placement that would be appropriate for me, they said they knew nothing about me.

I asked if they had been sent a copy of my CV or if I should send them one, they said that they did not and anyway it would not be necessary.

They gave me two choices, one of which was a charity shop. Strictly speaking they should not offer choices.

I asked that the details of everything discussed be sent to me in writing before I agreed to or accepted anything. I explained that I needed to be sure that I heard and understood what I was being told or asked to give my consent to, this they did two days later. (They are obliged to do this by law anyway, I learnt later.)

My one piece of advice would be not to agree to anything during the initial phone contact. Inform them of, and make sure that they grasp, any restrictions that may influence the nature of the placement they offer. (Your Jobcentre adviser should have given them any such restrictions but it could be as likely they will not have bothered).

You will find the MWA Guidance in the following link invaluable and worth your while reading. Any queries arising; feel free to ask for further clarification, will be only too happy to help where I can.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/300734/pg-part-p.pdf

Section 3.13 deals with the question of choice of placement.

Section 3.14 deals with the question of the number of hours per week spent on the placement.

After the initial phone call or when you receive the confirmation letter, and before you respond in the affirmative to anything, you will be better placed to decide your next move or ask further questions.

hi. how long after the confirmation letter will i have to start working. also i was there when my adviser rang interserve .and she explained i was partially death and would be better having a face to face, also she explained my mobility problem with my right leg. saying i could not lift heavy objects or stand for long periods.

Section 3.20 of the Guidance explains what they consider the appropriate time period between notification letter and start date:

“You must allow reasonable notice between the date of issuing the notification and the work placement start date. If the letter is posted, you must allow sufficient time for the notification to reach the claimant after date of postage. By convention, a letter sent by first class post, is deemed to have been received on the second working day after posting (Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays are not included). For example, if you are telling a claimant to start their work placement on a Monday, you must have posted their letter by first class post on the Wednesday of the previous week at the very latest. Longer time frames will be needed if writing to the claimant by second-class post.”

During your initial phone conversation make sure you impress on them what they were told by your adviser concerning mobility or other restrictions. They are duty bound to take this into consideration when deciding on a placement for you. (See Section 3.7):

“The Jobcentre Plus adviser will notify you either at the point of referral, or within 24 hours of the referral, of any special circumstances the claimant may have which you need to take into account when sourcing a placement.”

phone call went ok.they said i would be doing gardening work at a community youth center. and they asked what size boots i took.

now just awaiting letter for start times. oh and ill be working as slow as i can. as i have dodgy leg,

I struggle to find footware that is a comfortable fit - Doesn't help having a wide foot with a high arch....

Also be wary of accepting boots that have been worn by someone else. A wonderful way of picking up all sorts of interesting foot infections and/or fungal growths. :yuck:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I struggle to find footware that is a comfortable fit - Doesn't help having a wide foot with a high arch....

Also be wary of accepting boots that have been worn by someone else. A wonderful way of picking up all sorts of interesting foot infections and/or fungal growths. :yuck:

think they will be used boots same with the high vis jackets.cant see them providing new ones every month.

Would you wear another persons cast off unwashed underwear ?

Of course not, so why be forced to wear old footwear and risk picking up an infection. If nothing else, it will cost the provider to provide clean, new boots and eat in to their profit margin.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

recieved my letter from interserve today,im starting thursday at 10am. says venue dawete islami charity. so what i will be doing there i have no idea.and why start on a thursday, also says 20 hours but doesent say any start and finishing times or days i will be working.