style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3598 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Recently my girlfriend was assualted by a uniformed local bus driver...

This is a letter we propose to send to them however we are looking for some advice.

Obviously all the names and details have been removed.

I write with regards to a complaint raised with *** Buses on Monday 7th July REF: ***.

On Friday 4th July 2014 at around 14:00 one of your bus drivers called *** *** was dressed in full uniform, with his girlfriend, ******, on ******. An argument broke out between myself and Mrs *** in which Mr *** held me by the wrist whilst Mrs *** poked and punched me in the chest. He only released my wrist when he saw my other half running towards us. At which time in self-defense I did punch him and Mrs *** in the face.

The police were called by us and have subsequently investigated but found that it was a "6 of one, half a dozen of the other" type incident and therefore no charges are to be brought. I feel that Mr *** should not have restrained me so his girlfriend could punch and poke me - Firstly as he is male and obviously a male should never touch a female, but secondly as this was witnessed by up to 50 people walking nearby on *** *** and several other bus drivers and customers of *** on those buses. He was in full uniform and quite distinguishable as an employee of *** .

I am unhappy with the way this has been handled by *** as initially our call was dealt with by *** *** , who logged the complaint and said that a manager would be in contact urgently. 2 days later I still hadn’t had any contact from *** so I called again, this time speaking to *** (surname unknown), who informed me that 20 minutes after our initial call, *** *** had put a note on the system which said something to the effect of "As the police are involved I cannot investigate until the police have concluded their enquires".

Unfortunately nobody could be bothered to tell me this. On speaking with ***, he agreed that *** had made a mistake and that Mr *** should have at least called me to tell me this. I advised *** that it felt very much like *** were not aware of how serious my complaint against Mr *** was and that if *** were happy to sweep this under the carpet then the next call I made would be to the Local newspaper and then I would be visiting various social media sites.

*** advised me that *** would be taking this extremely seriously and that he would now be ensuring the investigation would be completed urgently and that absolutely this would not be simply brushed under the carpet. He also asked me not to contact the local newspaper nor any social media sites and so far this has been the case.

I explained to *** that as a regular *** customer I've been unable to use the buses since this event in case Mr *** should be my driver, and *** explained that Mr *** was currently on leave but was not sure when he would be returning. I concluded the call with *** telling me that he would contact me back by the end of the week (Friday 11th July).

On Monday 14th I had heard nothing so then I called again and I was told that *** was not at work until Wednesday but that they would leave a message on the system for him to ring me back.

As I had still had no contact from *** I called again this morning (22nd July). I spoke to *** and he told me that as the police had now concluded their investigation, *** could begin theirs, but that it was likely the outcome would be "Driver Retraining". He would contact me back after he had spoken to the Depot Manager before the end of business today.

I feel "Driver Retraining" is a simple slap on the wrist and is indeed brushing this assault under the carpet.

Despite numerous requests to speak to *** ***(depot manager) he has ignored me and simply refuses to speak with me, which for a manager is just outrageous and this leave me no alternative other than to contact you.

I feel that I have done everything asked of me by *** with regards to the local newspaper etc, but *** have done nothing yet. Even when you do your investigation, the outcome already seems to have been decided and I feel that “Driver Retraining” is totally insufficient.

As of 20:30 tonight, 22nd July 2014 *** has not contacted me back.

I would ask that you contact me directly on ********* as a priority, to get this resolved seeing as none of your staff seem able to. I am simply not prepared to chase *** anymore with regards to getting this resolved and I am quite prepared now to take this to the local newspaper and social media sites. It’s been a multitude of mistakes and failings by *** not to mention the time taken to keep chasing and contacting ***, and in fact the cost of several hours calling an 0845 number when *** should be calling me.

Please be aware that if I do not hear from either yourself or a senior member of *** management team via a phone call by 18:00 on Wednesday 23rd July 2014 I will contact the local newspaper and begin a social media campaign to highlight how seriously *** seem to take the safety of its customers.

Yours sincerely

Do you think this is strong enough without being rude?

Edited by ims21

I doubt the newspaper would be interested

The police found fault on both parts

A punch to the face in self defence? From you to them

Perhaps there is more to this as a argument just broke out

Move on learn from it

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Thread closed

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3598 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks