having to do Mandatory Work Activity

bcham
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i am a 59 years old unemployed male. and have just been told next week i will see an adviser who will sort out a Mandatory Work Activity for me. i will have to go on a 4 weeks Mandatory Work Activity course.i told my adviser i do not want shop work .he said there is a variety of work activities to go on besides shop work. and said it will be explained to me later, any one know which other Mandatory Work Activities there are apart from charity shops. as i have trouble with my right leg from an old motor cycle injury. so it will be uncomfortable to stand for long periods. and also they think this Mandatory Work Activity will help me in my job search.

Sorry to hear that, one of the pitfalls of this unempathetic, heartless, cold and darn right disgusting government.

Could be anything from litter picking, shop work etc - I feel for you, I really do.

Of course if your old injury was to play up and you had to see your GP and get signed off that would be terrible as you would not have to do this slave labour and wouldn't it be terrible if it flared up before your next appointment? Just saying

thanks for the link.i also informed the job center about my leg not being able to stand for long periods. but i just got a blank look and was told something about putting barriers up.

after reading the link think i might go for the waste recycling placement.

thanks for the link.i also informed the job center about my leg not being able to stand for long periods. but i just got a blank look and was told something about putting barriers up.

after reading the link think i might go for the waste recycling placement.

Yeh I would have reminded them that sanctions also put barriers up but that dont stop them dishing them out!