MMF Letters and Emails

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3585 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I have recently been getting emails from MMF to my works email address, No Phone Calls or Texts and then yesterday I got two letters yesterday from them dated 12th and 15th of this month threatening a doorstep visit.

I have read the various threads on here and have no worry's whatsoever that they will turn up on my doorstep.

They state they are trying to collect for a PaydayUK loan I had out sometime in 2008 which I never repaid as I lost my job and spent about 6 months on Jobseekers Allowance prior to finding work again.

I have checked Noddle and there is no mention of PaydayUK or MMF so I'm guessing the debt is now Statute Barred.

My Question is do I just ignore them (They do not appear to have my phone number) and it seems to have taken them a couple of months to find my address) or do I send them the Statute Barred Letter?

I have no way of knowing if the 6 year period has passed as I no longer have access to my bank records from that period but the fact it is not my my CRA makes me feel confident the 6 years have passed.

Do not ignore them, get straight back to them in written form telling them that the use of that email address is expressly forbidden as it is a work email address. You also want to include a prove it letter in the communication . You then need to contact the CSA (credit services association ) and make a complaint. They are "having a word with MMF" about using email addresses especially when the account is so old.

Just remember not to acknowledge them. If you need details let me know, email addresses etc.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?425724-MMF-contacts-and-home-visits

That is my thread

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Thanks for that Flech70 Could you list the contacts I need, I will send the SB Letter and also a complaint preferably laden down with a brick or two. I go past their office on my way to work so will make sure they get it.

Thanks,

DCAhater

Are you 100% certain it is SB? If there is any doubt I would be sending the prove it letter . Just because it is not on Noddle or any other CR file means nothing , it needs to be 6 years from cause of action which could be the date the payment was due, could be several months after)

The email addresses you need are

ascent@mmile.com (general)

barry@mmile.com ( Barry Ellershaw customer disservice manager)

neil@mmile.com (Neil Petty , the founding Director)

barnaby@mmile.com or barnaby.page@mmile.com (another director)

What I have done in the past is email a letter to them all (with a read receipt option) and then posted a copy 2nd class with proof of posting. I also keep copies of all the read receipts etc .

I also headed the letter formal complaint, in that way you have more redress if they do not answer.

As you can tell I am a paid up member of the MMF fan club

CSA website http://www.csa-uk.com/

Have a read of their code , it specifically says that email that contains specifics should only be used when it has been agreed and if they are putting detailed debt info on there definite breach

While you have an ongoing complaint it should keep them off the radar which may give time for that SB limit to be reached

Hi DCA,

Although I agree with Fletch you SHOULD send the Prove it letter, I would ignore.

If you send the letter, they will know they have you, ignoring just gives you that little more time to really make sure it's SB.

Just be careful that ignoring, they may issue Court papers to get a default judgement.