cant cope with pressure to come off benefits

kindregards
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3588 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I will try to keep this as brief but informative as possible, after suffering a nervous breakdown some 16 years ago (work related) I moved back to my home town along with my husband, the intention was to help my recovery. I was granted benefits for both myself and husband...I was on incapacity and claimed for him.

After many years of various treatments and medications my mental health is wobbly at best. I am still in and out of counselling, I need my husband for support on a daily basis (as any one with mental health problems will understand) amongst all of the medication and fog that engulfed my life I somehow had a baby some 8 years ago, we are a nice little trio who get by...still on full benefits.

Before my son was born I was on DLA for a few years but came off because I couldn't cope with the assessments. we have never applied for carers allowance. to be honest I don't know how my husband has stayed with me. I was called to my local office for a medical almost 12 months ago and they agreed that I was not fit to work and needed my husbands continuing support.

Since then I have been contacted twice by my local job centre for help getting off benefits and back to work. I have done both interviews over the phone. Part of my condition means that I catastrophosize (yes it is a word...although probably not spelled right)This means that the slightest problem I experience is multiplied 1000 fold in my head, it inevitably takes over my life, making it difficult for me to cope with every day tasks.

My next appointment is due in September I am already finding it difficult to think about anything else, my husband is willing to work, however I really don't think I could cope, sometimes |I cant leave the house let alone go to school to collect my son. I don't know what my options are but I am finding it increasingly difficult to cope. can anyone help

many thanks

Edited by citizenB

for those that dont know heres the small defintion to what this person sufers with

"Catastrophizing is an irrational thought a lot of us have in believing that something is far worse than it actually is"

which is part of why this person is here because they fear the obsolete worst without rationalizing any facts.

sadly my mum although hasnt been diagnosed with the same, does have silly irrational thoughts (and thats not to minimize what you are going through)

for example, if she knew i was in the room next door and then somebody knocked on our house door and said i had died, she would just freak out and panic... where she could like anybody else check where i was , and to see if im ok

Personally i go through the same panic, only because i just dont trust the DWP in what they are doing. and ill be honest i dont know what else to say to you that your husband , friends and family have already said in support.

I know how you feel, I am a sufferer of this too at times, its an aspect of my anxiety which is part of my bipolar. Its a hard thing to get under control, anxiety should never be underestimated although sadly it often is by those who don't suffer it or have no real knowledge of it.

I agree with King12345 I would be looking to getting a letter of support.