Can not open basic bank account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3594 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I am looking for the help for my friend who needs to open an basic bank account, He was redundant 3 years ago, subsequently defaulted all credit cards and overdraft which is around £14000 altogether. Soon after the default He moved to another address and changed telephone number.

Now opportunities have arrived for him to work again and has job offer. He tried to open an basic bank account with cooperative and nationwide but has been refused.

can anyone help and guide how to open an basic bank account and what could be reason of refusal from banks.

Thanks

Should be able to open a standard account with the post office (link below). As far as I remember, this account is designed for people with no credit rating or adverse credit rating.

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/current-accounts

If I've given you advice, then it is just my thoughts / opinions - doesn't mean I am right!

Should be able to open a standard account with the post office (link below). As far as I remember, this account is designed for people with no credit rating or adverse credit rating.

Thanks for your reply, I will try to open it.