Right to Privacy - Home Phone Number/Employer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3600 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Office policy I would think, employers do it so that people can be reached in emergencies.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

you seem unduly suspicious. Give them a cheap PAYG mobile number and never turn it on, if you are worried. Tell them you have no home phone line; many people don;t.

You do need to accept the consequences of not knowing if the office is closed by snow, or having no one contacted if you are in hospital, however.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

It is common sense to have a phone number that you can be reached on. You can stipulate who may call it and for what reason so for example you didnt turn up for work one day and hadnt contacted them they could ring you before they called the police and reported you as a missing person.

Then tell the employer to stop contacting her like that or it will be considered harassment.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

No problem with the employer having the number - it is how it is used where the questions may arise.

My employer has my home number, personal mobile number and my wife's mobile number so that in the event of a problem or an emergency, attempts can be made to contact me by an alternative means to check on my welfare (I am field based so slightly different, although the principle is the same) or to notify my family that something has happened.

Thankfully there has never been a need to use any of the numbers, and I do not have a problem with the employer holding the information. If however they were to start contacting me over a weekend or whilst I am on holiday then this would be entirely different and I would consider withdrawing my permission for them to have or use those details.

Ask why they want the number. If you don't like the answer then impose conditions on when they can and can't use it.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

I can see the OPs point my friend gave over her number not thinking anything about it' started to get calls on her days off asking to cover for people ringing in sick.

Is that not normal?

Used to happen to me all the time when I worked in retail.