Kindle Paperwhite Screen

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3596 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a Kindle Paperwhite which I have used for around 10 or so months without a problem.

The last few days, I notice that there is approx a 5mm line where the screen is displaying a brighter light.

Since I didn't have this problem at the start and it has only happened now, can it be considered a fault?

I remember problems with computer monitors where there would be a few bad pixels within each monitor and this was deemed as being acceptable... Is this the same for kindle? Or is it a fault? Anyone else with this same problem?

5mm bright light may not sound like such a huge problem, but it is kind of annoying as this affects every page I read on every book... It is like a distraction!

If I've given you advice, then it is just my thoughts / opinions - doesn't mean I am right!

im not sure if Amazon will do anything, 2 reasons: 1) i dont know if it was purchased from Amazon 2) a customer bought me this as a gift

I wouldn't feel right in asking the customer for receipt or saying it had a fault.

Just wondering if anyone else had the same problem because if its not a common problem, then I will think about getting it repaired. Or seeing how much it would cost for repair in comparison to a new replacement.

The kindle is perhaps the best material thing i've ever had. I even share my bed with her! :)

If I've given you advice, then it is just my thoughts / opinions - doesn't mean I am right!

The kindle is perhaps the best material thing i've ever had. I even share my bed with her! :)

This is probably what broke it - and I don't think that this kind of activity is covered by any guarantee.

I'm sure that you won't be able to get it repaired.

It would have to be the original customer who approached Amazon - but it is right. Amazon are generally very good and may well replace it without any quibble

yes, i thought i had broke it myself, but when i looked closely at it, there was no crack or dent on either side of where the bright light is coming from so that got me thinking whether it was a known fault. i googled to see but couldnt find any info.

i did buy a protective case for it. if i noticed damage on the outside then i would have thought it was my fault, but the damage seems to be inside.

anyway, it still works, just that the bright light is sometimes distracting when reading. this was a gift given to me. i am thinking instead of paying for its repair it may be better for me to buy the kindle fire. the kindle paperwhite is good apart from the touch screen. i find the touch screen to be a nuisance because sometimes i will mistakenly change the size of the text or turn page over... whereas the other version, the kindlefire is not touch screen and i think this would be a lot better.