Bt unfair t & c

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3609 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We got the sports package from BT @£15.00 p.m.

Apl 13th Started Paid

Apl 31st Cancelled - No Record of this at BT

D/Debits returned for May & June £30

Lttr from BT £30.00 o/s

Rang BT July 4th said no record of cancellation so wld need to pay the £30 which I agreed to. Then told me it was a 30day notice period which had to be paid for (£15.00) Refused

July 4th Email from BT as below:

Your 30 day rental liability charge

As we say in our terms and conditions, we need 30 days' notice to stop your BT services - so you'll need to pay for them for 30 days from the date you asked us to stop them. For more information about the 30 day notice period

We're stopping your service on 04 Jul 2014. If you don't want your service to stop, get in touch with us on 0800 800 150 as soon as you can. The sooner you call us the easier it is to change things. "

(I presumed wrongly that it meant if I wanted to resume sports package so did not ring them)

Looked at their terms & conditions online and states in 62 as below

62. If you or we end this agreement, we will block further access to BT Sport at the end of your notice period.

1. Once we have provided you with access to BT Sport, you may tell us to stop providing it at any time by giving us 30 days' notice via telephone. During your notice period we will continue to charge you the subscription fee.

Rang them again today to say they had stopped service on 4th July and acc to their terms & conditions the service shld stop at the end of the notice period!!! They said no they had terminated it because I hadn't paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said that was not the issue and it was I who had terminated it and had agreed on receipt of bill to pay the £30.

But wld not pay the £15 due for July as they had stopped the service and it didn't agree with their terms & conditions. Who is right pls?? mad2.gif