Marstons removal threats for old tenants debt - HELP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3624 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter moved into a council property last year,

since then she has been inundated with Debt Collectors letters

and door stoppers regarding a previous tenant.

It has now gotten serious as a Marstons Baliff with a Court order

to her house saying that he intended to take away goods to sell at auction

(that would be funny as she has nothing of any value).

She told them that she has been fighting off people about this guy ever since she moved in,

also, she has shown them a copy of her tenancy agreement,

she thought that she had seen the last of them, but,

at about 7 am this morning they came again with another letter

stating that they will attend to seize goods soon.

This is absolutely preposterous, she has shown them her tenancy agreement.

I have told her to ring both numbers on the letter and to tell them AGAIN

that she is not the person that they are looking for,

I have also told her to tell them that this is now harassment

and she can do now more to prove that this bloke no longer lives there,

I have also told her to ring her tenancy adviser at the council to see if they can do anything to help.

Is there anything else that I can do to help her?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Are Marstons attending for a PCN, Council Tax, or a magistrates court fine? If a fine she would need to contact the court and provide proof the guy has long gone and she is the tenant, show a tenancy agreement, as only the court can call off marstons. Until the court call them off they will keep calling, and yes I feel they are greedy and stupid enough to try to force her to pay, or even try to take control of her goods in full knowledge she is not the debtor, nor has any connection with him. Perhaps if you PM BankFodder, he can contact marstons with the details.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Yea, she is not to let them in period

Someone will give detailed advice but I would write to the officals that have commissioned the enforcement action (Or court) with a decleration that you are not that person and they do not live at this address. Include copies of tenancy agreement

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

There is clearly a debt for the previous tenant and passed to Marston Group to enforce. Unfortunately, the way the courts work (and local authorities) is very much computerised and it may well be possible that the debt is a different one to the previous case.

In any event, Marston Group need to be made aware straight away and in that way, they can return the warrant (or liability order) back to the court.

There is a particular team that deal with such enquiries. I have sent you a message.

TT Lula has mentioned the daughter has provided proof but marstons are minded to enforce anyway.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Thanks all, I am passing all this onto my daughter, it is from a court and I have told her that she really needs to contact the court and email a copy of her tenancy agreement to them. I also told her not to let them in, but it they are Court baliffs they can effect an entry can't they.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

TT has messaged you back, thanks

I have told my daughter that she should ring the court

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

No she doesn't have to let them in she has provided proof she is not the debtor, and that he is gone, so if they were to force entry, they would be a little silly when the court recall the warrant. As TT says she should contact the court.

If Marstons do turn up after she has contacted the court and make threats she could call the police to come round and remove them as they have no business with her.

The court don't want to talk to her, I am going to give them a call

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Jesus, and then Bailiff (Enforcement) Companies wonder why they have such a bad reputation.

I really hope that you get this sorted out, and if the EA's don't listen, they face the full consequences.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Bailiffs office at the court just ringing and ringing , no answer, so frustrating!

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Try the court manager, are they hiding behind data Protection?

Try the court manager, are they hiding behind data Protection?

Ha! I think that they were hiding behind not answering the phones :-) All seems to be sorted now for the time being, thanks BF and TT, my daughter is one very relieved

young person :-)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled