Co-Op charges hike to £15 !!!

hillards
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3534 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

At first glance the letter I just received was a simply change of conditions to a basic Co-Op Cashminder account I've had for years. Then alarm bells started ringing.

Back in 2006 the OFT decided that £12 was a MAXIMUM charge for standard bank charges like unpaid DD, overlimit and so on. The banks decided that £12 was the new rate, not a maximum, and have yet to prove the actual cost - hence people still reclaiming unlawful charges.

Look at the copy letter and you'll see that the Co-Op intend to increase their unpaid item fee to £15. The seem to say that this is because the FCA is now responsible for consumer credit business, not the OFT.

I don't go overdrawn and don't have any direct debits that would cause me personally to incur the revised fee, but how do they justify the price hike? The ruling obtained by the OFT is still in place - isn't it ? Or did I miss something... ?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51792[/ATTACH]

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

The OFT didn't rule on charges by banks or set any £12 limit.

What they said was in respect of credit cards in that they would not investigate credit card charges of £12 and under but it was a court to decide whether a charge of any amount was fair.

BCOBS can be the way forward to recover excessive fees being charged by banks on current accounts.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Forgot to say......of course the OFT are no more since April this year.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

You could argue that they shouldn't call themselves The Co-op any longer as the charges don't benefit the customers/members.

• 2 months later...