Collections email addresses

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3628 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone have email addresses for the following companies and an idea of an email I can send to say I wont be paying tomorrow and to offer a reduced payment? Or would it be better to phone them?

Cash converters loans

Lending Stream

Clear Account

Thanks

Do htey have a "contact us" button on their websites ?

I personally wouldnt advise you to telephone them, but you do need to let them know that you are unable to make the payment and attempt to enter a repayment plan.

Have you advised your bank that they must not allow these companies to remove funds from your account?

How had you made arrangements to pay.. if by Continuous Payment Authority, then you need to sort out the removal of permission with your bank BEFORE contacting them, otherwise they will simply try and obtain the funds early.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I have made arrangements for my salary to go into another account and I have cancelled all the DD's on the account that the repayments were due to come from. Can I cancel CPA's by going into the bank or does it have to be by letter?

What happens if I dont phone the PDLs and send them a letter instead, would that be best? I am worried they are going to phone me at work tomorrow.

You can cancel by going in to your bank, but take a letter with you, speak to a manager not a desk rep, and get them to copy the letter, sign, stamp and date them. You keep the copy, they keep the original.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I have phoned my bank and he was reluctant to put in 'cancel CPA' requests as he said all the companies need to do is to apply for the money under a different name and it will work. However he has done it for me so hopefully I shouldnt get any bank charges. Wages should be going into my other account and i have emailed the PDLs but none have replied I guess they are hoping to get their money tomorrow

No it wont. They can only apply for money based on the initial transaction ID and the merchant name. Those are the two main things that tie to the account to enable the CPA to be active. If they try and use another name and ID after the CPA is cancelled, then it would be fraud/theft.

That person you spoke to at the bank needs retraining. You also need confirmation of the cancellation in writing.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I have phoned my bank and he was reluctant to put in 'cancel CPA' requests as he said all the companies need to do is to apply for the money under a different name and it will work. However he has done it for me so hopefully I shouldnt get any bank charges. Wages should be going into my other account and i have emailed the PDLs but none have replied I guess they are hoping to get their money tomorrow

They shouldnt be allowed to request monies under another name - only the name on the CPA should be able to request it.

If you have any problems, then you need to make a complaint to the FOS

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?399260-Feel-that-you-ve-been-treated-unfairly-by-your-Payday-loan-lender-COMPLAIN-TO-THE-FOS!!(1-Viewing)-nbsp

If your bank is complicit in allowing funds to be taken by "another" company, you should first of all make a formal complaint to their Head office and then escalate to teh FOS if they dont resolve the problem swiftly.

I can well see why the banks and PDLs love CPA - if htis were a Direct Debit, they you would be able to call on the DD guarantee.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D