Suarez should be banned from football for 2 years

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3638 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It would definitely be classed as assault, also that has the potential to transmit all kinds of diseases.

as wld all those deliberate dirty elbows, leg breakers, head butts, etc. but those are 'acceptable' within football. which is worse?

disease transmission unlikely, unless they have rabies and break the skin. also, they have regular blood tests. :)

what a harsh domestic sanction, hes only done it three times. not every other game or so like some players like to do with their antics and potential to break the oppos leg or face, without much or any (retrospective) sanction.

:)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty unique, he keeps doing it, three times is one too many, even Liverpool supporters are unsupportive. 'Disease transmission unlikely', there are quite a few. Most of the other injuries happen in the course of play. One sponsor drops Saurez.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/luis-suarez-ban-liverpool-could-become-involved-in-extraordinary-legal-battle-after-fifa-imposes-fourmonth-ban-for-world-cup-bite-9566736.html

as wld all those deliberate dirty elbows, leg breakers, head butts, etc. but those are 'acceptable' within football. which is worse?

disease transmission unlikely, unless they have rabies and break the skin. also, they have regular blood tests. :)

what a harsh domestic sanction, hes only done it three times. not every other game or so like some players like to do with their antics and potential to break the oppos leg or face, without much or any (retrospective) sanction.

It's pretty unique, he keeps doing it, three times is one too many, even Liverpool supporters are unsupportive. 'Disease transmission unlikely', there are quite a few. Most of the other injuries happen in the course of play. One sponsor drops Saurez.

yes, one dirty leg breaker etc too many. but those 'assaults' are ok.

am not condoning his action, but i'll be one to say his 'world' ban/sanction is harsh :)

people better stop snogging each other then!

it is fairly 'unique'/out of the ordinary/emotional, thats one reason why its caused a furore. but, as said before in terms of potential injury its not worse. did you see the deliberate dirty two footed stamp in the belgium game, potential leg breaker, got a red card, but thats all he'll get. and even if the ref didnt see it and there was retro action, wld only be about the same as a red card. and the player, like some others, will no doubt do it again. maybe 'they' need some 'help' also.

deliberate leg breakers, elbows, head butts are the 'course of play'? exactly, seen as 'acceptable', but are worse.

re a 'van driver' doing the same wld be sacked. as stan the man said, wld you sack yr van driver if he was worth 80 million?

Your problem is that the things you mention, leg breakers etc do happen, yes they get a 'red' card, but the player learns from his mistake, now Saurez doesn't want or seem to want to learn, he's a repeat offender, then he makes out it is some else's fault and not his fault. You need to read what I write in context.

Be honest you feel let down?

yes, one dirty leg breaker etc too many. but those 'assaults' are ok.

am not condoning his action, but i'll be one to say his 'world' ban/sanction is harsh :)

people better stop snogging each other then!

it is 'unique'/out of the ordinary/emotional, thats one reason why its caused a furore. but, as said before in terms of potential injury its not worse. did you see the deliberate dirty stamp in the belgium game, potential leg breaker, got a red card, but thats all he'll get. and even if the ref didnt see it and there was retro action, wld only be about the same as a red card. and the player, like some others, will no doubt do it again. maybe 'they' need some 'help' also.

deliberate leg breakers, elbows, head butts are the 'course of play'? exactly, seen as 'acceptable', but are worse.

re a 'van driver' doing the same wld be sacked. as stan the man said, wld you sack yr van driver if he was worth 80 million?

Your problem is that the things you mention, leg breakers etc do happen, yes they get a 'red' card, but the player learns from his mistake, now Saurez doesn't want or seem to want to learn, he's a repeat offender, then he makes out it is some else's fault and not his fault.

its not my problem :) its others (and you) who have the problem for accepting that deliberate dirty leg breakers, elbows, (assaults as you say) etc are 'acceptable'. those which are worse in terms of potential/real injury. hypocrisy.

as i said, they often dont 'learn', they keep doing it just the same, more than three times. many egs.

and, again, am not condoning his action.

as you say 'in context', you and others need to think in such.

All violence should be banned from the game no matter what form it takes.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The other thing I'd say is the game has gone soft. Players get more protection then ever. The tackling rulers are more stringent. Look at the players of the 60's, 70's, 80's. Joe Jordan, 'Chopper' Harris etc.

its not my problem :) its others (and yrs) for accepting that deliberate dirty leg breakers, elbows, (assaults as you say) etc are 'acceptable'. which are worse in terms of potential/real injury.

as i said, they often dont 'learn', they keep doing it just the same, more than three times. many egs.

and, again, am not condoning his action.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/luis-suarez-ban-liverpool-could-become-involved-in-extraordinary-legal-battle-after-fifa-imposes-fourmonth-ban-for-world-cup-bite-9566736.html

Who the hell is Saurez?

Who the hell is Saurez?

It says something when I can't be bothered to spell his name correctly, the idiot that goes around biting people.

Don't take any notice Rebel, I think he's just trying to get you to bite.

It's a harsh ban, but I have no problem with it, as he should have learned the last few times.

What gets me are the holier than thou pundits and ex players who have done far worse, with far more consequences, saying he was wrong. He was, put people in glass houses and all that

It's a harsh ban, but I have no problem with it, as he should have learned the last few times.

What gets me are the holier than thou pundits and ex players who have done far worse, with far more consequences, saying he was wrong. He was, put people in glass houses and all that

But doesn't being someone / ex player who has done far worse, give them more authority to speak on it ?

As for it being harsh, I think he got away with it 'again'.

I find it quite depressing that so many people are saying that the punishment was too harsh. IMHO, it wasnt harsh enough.

I find it even more depressing that he received a hero's welcome when he returned home !!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/players/luis-suarez/10929713/Luis-Suarez-given-a-heros-welcome-at-Montevideo-airport-as-Uruguay-fans-flock-to-hail-striker-after-bite-ban.html

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

There's already been a copycat, a child biting another child in the playground, can't find any news articles at the moment.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2313203/Im-going-Luis-Suarez-What-boy-told-fellow-pupil-biting-him.html

This one from 2013 after a previous incident, rebel... but nothing more recent at the moment.

BCOBS

All are bad but some players can try and make a valid excuse for their transgressions, like a flailing elbow might be blamed on getting the jump wrong to head the ball, or a bad tackle blamed on the timing of a tackle etc.

To deliberately bite a player cannot be excused in any way, shape or form.

The injuries sustained by an elbow or a bad tackle can be much worse than a bite but, sometimes, a bad tackle is simply a bad tackle, careless but not deliberate.

A bite is completely different, Suarez wasn't careless when he sank his teeth.

Btw, has anyone noticed that, quite often, when Suarez misses a good scoring chance, which isn't often as he normally plants them, then he appears to bite his own arm, hand out of frustration? It's a natural reaction for him by the look of it.

He may do it again in the future!

Over the years, there has been several players who have been guilty of dangerous, dirty tackles time and time again, they never learned from their mistakes, but no one ever went after them like they done for Suarez. It's just the latest thing to hate Suarez because it's so easy. There are far more consequences to the tackles done by players like De Jong, Materazzi, Pepe, Keane, Van Bommel etc....

Even Chiellini himself has been guilty several times of hair pulling, punching etc, he has never been given a long ban and he himself realises how hard done by Suarez has been. It's harsh, simple as that.

Some are even saying the ban is politically driven.

Over the years, there has been several players who have been guilty of dangerous, dirty tackles time and time again, they never learned from their mistakes, but no one ever went after them like they done for Suarez. It's just the latest thing to hate Suarez because it's so easy. There are far more consequences to the tackles done by players like De Jong, Materazzi, Pepe, Keane, Van Bommel etc....

Even Chiellini himself has been guilty several times of hair pulling, punching etc, he has never been given a long ban and he himself realises how hard done by Suarez has been. It's harsh, simple as that.

No way, I thought he got off quite lightly actually.

It just cannot be excused, like Tyson in boxing. Tyson could have headbutted Holyfield and cut him bad and blamed a clash of heads.

How on earth could he excuse a bite?

No one is picking on Suarez, he set himself up by his own actions. Even Liverpool fans are against Suarez. The thing is the ball wasn't even in the vicinity. And I'm not saying it would be o.k. if the ball was in the vicinity. Should have been banned for a couple of years.

Well, the people who play football at that very high level seem to understand it better than I do. Several players and even the person he bit understand the pressures involved and what players go through. He deserved a ban, but not that long, not when so much that does far more damage to the victim goes relatively unpunished in comparison. I think the reason everyone is looking upon him sympathetically now is because there are no consequences of his actions. No one has been hurt and no one is suffering as a result.

It also really does make me laugh, that FIFA feel they can morally judge him. Because FIFA are in a position judge anyone right now, and people are putting such faith in them, despite only a few weeks ago slagging them off for being morally corrupt....lol