Arrow marked credit file for Orange debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3458 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I from time to time check my credit report on Noddle (just in case) and a few days ago I noticed that my file has been marked by Arrow Global for an ancient debt that was thought resolved.

About 3 years ago I cancelled an Orange broadband dongle which was always paid on time. Orange continued to charge for about 3 months despite the cancellation. After spending a long time on the phone to Orange, they admitted this was a mistake and would be cancelled. After this I received a letter from a collector and they marked my file. I wrote to the collector explaining what had happened with Orange and they never contacted me again and the mark disappeared from my credit file.

Fast forward 3 years and a default for the same amount from a "Telecommunications Supplier" has appeared from nowhere on my file. I cannot remember the original collectors name but I don't know that it was Arrow, and being so long ago I cannot locate any of the original correspondence.

Also I have not been written to by Orange or Arrow or anyone about this.

What can I do about this?

I have not contacted them yet as I am unsure what the best course of action is to take.

Any help is appreciated. :)

Screenshot of the mark:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51661[/ATTACH]

Full complaint to the dca. If you have the original letter then that should end it.

If there was no entry on your file then they were naughty to put one there themselves

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

was this ever on your file

and was it defaulted?

sounds strange

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 5 months later...

Hi all, wasn't sure whether to post a new thread or re-bump this old one but there has been a development..

. Although it has been several months.

Things have taken me much longer than they should have due to various circumstances

and they are not particularly quick at replying to things them selves anyway!

I raised a dispute on Noddle and sent a letter to the debt collection agency

(to which they only replied that they would look in to the matter, no other reply)

the dispute took nearly 2 months but

eventually it came back that they have instruction from Orange

and an agreement from them and that the default was originally put on my file by Orange.

Orange did originally mark my file but removed the mark when I complained to them that they had not paid any attention to me

when I told them I wanted to cancel.

Arrow are now saying that Orange originally marked the file so they are not wrong,

I raised another dispute (with a different reason) which was closed by Noddle.

I have spoken to Orange who put my in touch with their credit enquiries e-mail

which after an initial response of "this isn't out problem we have sold the debt"

are now not replying to any further e-mails that I send them.

Arrow have the debt and the instruction from Orange and will not listen

but this entire thing is because of a mistake Orange of made due to their incompetence at the outset

who will now not listen because they have sold the debt and don't want to listen any more.

I am stuck between two organisations who are both ignoring me.

For a measly debt of £60, I have no other debts, never even a late payment, the amount is measly and I don't care about it but the default is bad for me.

and because it was so long ago I do not have the original paperwork, that has gone somewhere during the 3 years gap where nothing happened.

Someone told me that because I was not sent a notice of default (which I don't ever remember being sent)

I could get rid of it on that grounds but I don't know if it will work or what else to do!

Any help would be appreciated.

they don't 'have' to send a DN to register a default

however I'd get onto the Information Commissioners office now

this has gone on too long.

if they wont help

try reading up on the Durkin case

you could sue and get compo for this too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yep ICO will love this, and like DX said, read up on the durkin case. Both companies are wholly wrong, and you could get some nice comp out of this. I wonder if Bankfodder will read this as he loves this sort of thing :)

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D