TNC - Bradford Group

TDon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3625 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone. Heard great things about this forum and have been a lurker for a while but now I have joined the ranks of the many that are being harassed by TNC.

I'll give a background on my situation.

A few years ago my partner bought some collectible dolls off Bradford group. (I warned her not to but hey, who listens to me?) Anyway, all was fine the first few times she got stuff then she ordered a single collectible doll and we paid for it up front, as we'd done with the previous ones, however, shortly after it arrived, another two packages came (about a week later)

We contacted Bradford Group by phone and told them we only ordered one thing but they claimed it was part of a set. I told them that at no time in their catalogue or website was that mentioned and that we didn't want the other items. They said it was part of a set and that we had to accept and pay for them. I asked to speak to a supervisor who agreed that seeing as we'd paid up front for the first doll, we could just send the others back and that would be that. She said they would even send out a freepost return slip and that it would be there in the next few days.

Two weeks later and it hadn't arrived, I called them again, had to go through the whole thing again, it was the same outcome, send back unwanted dolls, case closed, wait for freepost return slips to arrive.

Another week went by and I had to phone them again, had to through the whole thing AGAIN! This time I told them that I was just going to post the dolls back myself and consider the mater closed. They claimed that it couldn't be done that way as the processing address for returns was different and it wouldn't be acknowledged as being received. So, again, I agreed to wait for return slips BUT, I asked who I was speaking to and and asked for a reference number for my case.

About a month went by without any word, I phoned again quoted the name and reference number, explained the situation and asked for a note to be put on my file that I had on 3/4 separate occasions, requested return slips/offered to send back dolls.

I agreed, for the last time to wait on them sending out return slips, after I offered to send back the dolls, at my own cost, by special/recorded delivery to the correct address but they wouldn't give me the address. I told them that this would be the last time I contacted them and I now consider the matter closed. I asked for all this to be put in another note in my file. The agent agreed, said they'd speak to a supervisor and they had agreed that if no retun slips were sent out, the matter was closed.

Forward on a year, I get letter from Bradford group telling me i owed them money for the dolls and that if they didn't receive it within 14 days, they would pass it out to creditors etc. I phoned them, told them the whole story, quoted names and references but the said they had no record of it. I again offered to send the dolls back and had to go through the whole thing ANOTHER time!

2 weeks went past and two letters came one after each other, one from BG another from their creditors I can't remember who it was at the time but by this stage, I was sick of it and just ignored it.

Nothing happened for about two years or so, then I started getting letters from TNC recently, threatening all sorts of action. After getting advice from people I knew and off t'internet, I ignored the letters, maybe two or three in a few months but i got one a few days ago saying I had 7 days to settle the bill or they were instructing their solicitors to go to court.

This one has me worried....should I ignore it? There is no way I'm paying £179 for two dolls that were only worth £50 and that I had tried to send back numerous times...but should I contact them and explain....or is this all just BS scare tactics in the hope that I might be frightened into paying up?

Post that letter up. Sounds like a dca.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi TDon

,I'm having the same problem with them.

Mine has been ongoing since early last year.

The items I received weren't part of a set though, they were sent on approval

and if I didn't like/want them they would send return labels.

I lost count of the phone calls/letters/e mails I sent them, but the last contact I had with them,

I advised that if they did not send return labels I would consider the items a gift.

They passed my details onto EOS Solutions (DCA) and I told them the same.

They (EOS) said they would arrange for return labels to be sent but none were forthcoming.

They (EOS) passed my details onto CCS Collect, another DCA, and of course I told them the same.

CCS Collect passed the matter back to EOS who wrote again last week

and I just referred them (EOS) to my previous correspondence with them.

I do/have indeed considered the items a gift and have advised them so.I, like your wife,

did not ask for/order the items and would not waste my own money sending them back at my own cost

, although if you are prepared to do it send them to the address you have and via RD.

Or you could do as I have and advise them you consider the item a gift.

You may well get further letters if you do as I have.

Nothing has ever appeared on my credit file and I suspect it won't on your wifes either.

As I said earlier, I did speak with them on the phone but following advice from the good people

here I advised all of them that any further communication in writing only.

Send them back at your own cost or keep them as a gift.RegardsSignaller

Unsolicited goods. It is up to them to arrange collection ad if they dont you can dispose of them after a reasonable time, I think it is either 6 months or a year if you do not notify them that they are available for them to collect.

As for the debt collectors, dont waste any time or effort on them and inform them that the alleged debt is disputed and for them to return the matter back to Bradford. Any further contact by them will be treated as harassment.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. It seems pretty much as I'd guessed. If they send anymore letters, I'll send off the debt dispute letter.

Ah good old TNC, the no win no fee children....

http://www.bradfordexchange.com/service/customer-support-and-faqs.htm Have you exhausted their complaints procedure yet?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Make a formal complaint to the CEO of BG

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

No..i didn't actually. I was under the impression it was out of their hands and they'd sold the debt on.

No no no, it matters not, even if they have sold this on, they ARE ultimately responsible for the actions of everyone that chooses to pursue this.

It is a common misconception that their responsibility ends when they flog it on, it doesn't.

Complain complain & complain again.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!