Opus Energy not terminating the electricity contract after our business moved out.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3634 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There,

I recently called Opus to terminate the business electricity account

and they accepted with reading as we were moving out and our 2 year contract was finished 6 months ago.

after one month to this they sent another bill for whole month with the reading of full month after I cancelled with them.

I called them to find out whats going on and why they send me bill for whole month rather than 15 days (when I gave them notice)

they said we can not take your word for it. after your notice we called your business number

and we were told you are still there

secondly your landlord name did not appear in land registry.

so your contract is still in place and not cancelled.

I was shocked to hear that and told them that how its possible that some one says we are there when we are not !!

I offered them to send someone onsite to meet me. and secondly I don't know who is the freeholder of the property

as I was having a sublet from some someone.

few days after this I received a letter demanding last month's rent as I cancelled the direct debit after giving notice

and now they have put on an extra 7.5% on supply rate plus an administration charge which is unknown.

Very soon I will start receiving red letters with amounts piling up.

I cannot understand why they are so super glue.

Leaving them should be as simple as joining them.

They say, they investigate all customers before terminating the contracts.

Do they have authority to investigate ???

I need some advice as what shall I do ??

I'm ready to go through solicitors to end it and report them to regulating authorities as its making me panic now.

Thanks in advance.

I think that the first thing you should do is to write to them. Explain exactly what has happened and give them your new address for correspondence. Stop dealing with them on the phone.

Pay them what is owed - don't make the mistake of withholding everything. Only withhold those parts of the bill that you are not responsible for.

Once you have placed your position clearly in writing to them, if they continue, then you may have to consider suing them for breach of contract. It must be a term of the contract that they will facilitate the termination of the agreement without these kind of problem.

This company is really overreaching itself and frankly by intruding into your business in the way they are doing, they are acting insolently and presumptuously.

Hi funkar,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and would really like to be able to take a look at your account and see how we can help. Please call our Customer Care department on 0800 630 0841, quoting reference CAG1206, and we can take another look at this.

Kind regards,

Alana - Customer Service Manager