Two defaults same debt

fletch70
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3619 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just after some opinion

I had small debt with nationwide that was sold to MKDP on 14/03/2014. When I got a letter from MKRR I queried the debt.

Anyway on this months Noddle report I have the same debt showing twice, once under Nationwide , all correct details updated 14/05 with a default and another from MKDP again with all the same details i.e amount , default date etc. However it says default balance 0 and there is a marker saying account under review .

My question is...do I wait another month before I complain ?

One extra default makes no difference to me I just want it to be accurate

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Has the account now been assigned/sold on to a Debt Purchasing company - DCA ? Either the original creditor or the new owner should have sent you a Notice of assignment if this has happened.

At the point of Sale, the bank ledger will show as £0.00 owed to them and the new owner's ledger will show the amount of the outstanding debt £ X.XX This will also be reflected on your credit files - Noddle are always playing catchup so their records might not be as accurate as say, Experian or Equifax. So the CRA record should show Original Creditor sa £0 balance with the original default date then from the date of sale the New owner should be updating the file from the point of sale date with the £X balance - they will then continue to report until the 6 years from default date is reached, when it will drop off your file.

I hope that makes sense !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It is quite interesting

MKDP

Default date 09/11/10

Default balance 0

Balance history (May) 218

Nationwide

Default date 09/11/10

Default balance £279

Balance history

March 219

April 218

May 218

I wonder where that £1 payment came from , certainly not me . The last actual payment was in Feb 2012 and now they are showing an extra payment over 2 years later.

Do I tackle this now or is that asking for trouble ?

£1 mystery payment you would not have issued a CCA s77/78 would you and payment has been applied to the account trying to reset the Statute Barred clock. Have just attended a court case today where the judge said any payment not authorised by the debtor IE Fee for CCA or SAR and a setoff payment from another account with creditor does not restart the Statute barred clock.

dpick

Definitely not. I can 100% guarantee that no payment has been made on ANY debt since march 2012. If I were a cynic I would be thinking that the payment was placed there just prior to sale . Now if I do not dispute it MKDP will think they have 6 years from then until SB when in effect they have "only" got 4. Thats if I do not go BR before

Hi Fletch I don't need to advise you on this I know you will keep stum until such time as they try it on then you will blow them out of the water just wanted you to know what the judge said to day about offsetting payment from one account to another though only count court judge etc.

dpick

Thanks.

That is good to know.

As you say, my first thought on this one was to keep quiet. It may sound stupid but I am a little shocked that a company as big as NW would actually get in a position to let themselves be accused of this. It is a shame it is such a piddling little amount ( compared to the sum of my debts):lol:

This is just it what you and I consider a piddling amount could be as low as £500 or less the case I was at today was a claim for £7000 debt with what could be a counter claim for £8000 and the judge said this was small beans. We did not think so.

dpick