Sick of receiving emails from MMF? Here's how I stopped them.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3617 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Motormile had recently started bombarding me with scary-looking emails. These emails were really annoying, as no matter how many times I replied to them, MMF ignored me and continued to send them!

Fortunately for me, I'm quite technical, and I realised that I could bypass MMF altogether and have their email provider cut them off instead.

Background: MMF use a company called SendGrid to send their emails and track the details (e.g. is the address correct, has the recipient opened it etc. etc.). Now, companies like SendGrid are *crazy* about spam, because if they let spammers use their service, other email services - e.g. Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail etc. - will become more and more likely to either tag their emails as spam, or refuse to deliver them altogether!

What you need to do is forward on the details of a recent AUTOMATED email (e.g. one their "we're *so* going to visit you at home!" notifications) on to SendGrid's abuse department.

IMPORTANT: in your must include what's known as the "full headers" from the email. Here's a guide on how to do so:

-- link removed because I don't have enough posts, can a mod fix this up for me please? --

kb.mediatemple.net/questions/893/How+do+I+view+email+headers+for+a+message%3F

Here're the full steps:

1. Receive automated email from MMF

2. Get the "full headers" from the email, as described above

3. Forward the email, along with these headers to SendGrid's abuse department, abuse[at]sendgrid.com and webpage here: sendgrid.com/report_spam

I included a quick note - "These people are bombarding me with these emails and ignoring my replies to them" - and within 24 hours, all emails from MMF stopped... and no more have been received over the last couple of months :)

As a bonus, every spam report SendGrid receives makes it more and more difficult for MMF to continue using them. And while swapping out email service providers isn't a huge huge task, it's still rather painful should MMF need to do so :)

Enjoy!

Very useful. I emailed Sendgrid, noting that MMF are emailing up to twice a day - and usually in the small hours of the morning. Their reply indicated that they would forward the matter onto their compliance team.

Most of all, the emails from MMF have stopped. I received about thirty of them since January of this year! All spouting the same old impotent nonsense.

Something else interesting... I emailed barry today and at the bottom of his out of office it had a link to the remove my email from their address list ^__^

Result.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis