Orange mobile arrears and late payments

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3634 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Morning,

I am just after some advise in regards to late payment markers which my previous mobile phone provider Orange/EE placed upon my credit report.

I have had numerous late payment marks placed due to me refusing to set up a direct debit with them

as they on 3 occasions took incorrect payments from my account which then took them 2 weeks

after being informed to refund to my account,

they also cut me off on numerous occasions even though the full amount had been paid on the bill.

On a few occasions I missed the payment date by 7-14 days due to being away on business etc...

I was in the understanding that the providers were unable to place late payment marks on your credit file

if the payment was less than 30 days late, is this not right or am I right?

I look forward to receiving your guy's answers on this.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Good Evening,

I am after some advice if someone would please be able to help.

I have had a mobile phone contract with Orange mobile for the past 4 years, never had a problem until they merged and formed EE.

When I renewed my contract 2 years ago Orange kept mucking up the payments

on 3 occasions taking far more money than was owed and also putting a barr on my phone when payment had been made,

this caused me alot of frustration and each time it took approx 2 weeks for me to get the money back from them.

This caused me to cancel the direct debit and just call up and pay each month,

I did this each month without fail.

Unfortunately at this time I wasn't checking my credit file otherwise I probably could of solved this issue many moons ago.

Well yes I was making the regular payments but I was never informed that the dates which I was actually making the payments

was being classed as a late payment.

I was never advised of this otherwise I of happily changed the date which I called to make payment.

Only now upon checking my file have I noticed what has been going on,

to make matters worse towards the end of last year I thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt and set another direct debit up,

I did this and guess what..

. yes they mucked it up once again attempting to take the money on completely on the wrong date which I was advised.

I called orange straight away to see what was going on and they denied what they had told me originally

and said nobody would have advised that I could arrange the payment to come out on a certain date

as all payments were collected on the same day not only this but because they couldn't collect the money

because I hadn't made it available in the account for that date

but they marked this down as 2 months arrears as it was over Christmas.

If I had of been told this I wouldn't of bothered attempting to set up another direct debit.

Now I have been arguing with Orange/EE for months about this and how I was never informed of any late payments

or arrears as well as being given incorrect info by customer services on numerous occasions,

I started requesting them to remove these from my credit file as a gesture of good will

but was very bluntly told no because its a true reflection of how you control your bills and payments.

This in fact is the only negative account on my credit file and is completely destroying it,

I have 7 credit accounts (2 x current accounts, 1 x car finance, 1 x credit card, 2 x closed accounts, and the dredded mobile phone)

all of which are perfect apart from this dredded mobile phone account of which should now be closed

as I refused to renew my contract 2 months ago after all the hassle.

I even spoke with the executive office for EE and explained my experience and what had gone on

and asked if they could investigate this and remove these markers as a gesture of good will, again very bluntly told no.

I have even compiled an e-mail to the CEO and never even had a response even after I have sent numerous chasers

across the last 2 months asking for an investigation and giving my customer feedback.

I recently requested a copy of my contract or signed terms and conditions which I had agreed to

but again they very bluntly said we don't have these and I should have kept this information myself

and just gave me a link to their website and terms and conditions.

Should they not be able to supply a copy of the contract or signed documents on request?

Does this give me ground to say I want the account completely removed as you cannot supply this detail of my agreement?

again they will most probably deny to remove any detail from my credit file but could I then take this to the ombudsman?

These markers are causing much upset between myself and my partner as we were trying to purchase our first home together

as we start to make our family life,

unfortunately we cannot even get a decent mortgage with these markers showing on my credit file.

I find this very upsetting and stress full as this has put a complete stop on our lives

and I feel that this is through no fault of my own especially when all my other credit accounts are perfect.

I am now stuck and don't know what else I can do which is why I am calling out to all you guys for your help

and advice so we can carry on and make our family life.

I appreciate you taking your time to help me in this situation and look forward to receiving your responses.

Thanks again,

James

firstly I would get an sar off to them and get all the papwork.

if they did not inform you in writing each time the DD was and what value

then under the DD guarantee , with your bank

you were entitled to a refund under that scheme.

if the above tallies, they should not be recording late markers

as it was their mistake.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi New user here .Not sure how to start new thread but my problem with Orange is similar...

I had an existing payg orange arrangement but got a more modern phone. (internet etc) whilst wanting to retain the same number.

I rang Orange for a new sim. I was sold a 'sim only 'deal. I explicitly told their rep I did not want a monthly contract & was assured it simply reverted to payg at the end of the period.

I duly contacted their call centre to convert it to payg .I find some of their staff incoherent and was told I needed to contact them on a specific date .I told them i was abroad on that date & that they should note my instructions to revert to payg.

When I returned to UK I started again trying to resolve this. The sim they had sent they now said was no use for payg so sent me a new one. After numerous calls to 'activate the sim I was told I now owed £24. I wrote in to complain pointing out that I never asked for a monthly contract,had never signed a contract,had never had any terms or conditions. They wrote back saying I now owed £45 & had needed to give 30 days notice. I wrote back but had no reply . I then received various collection agents letters & returned them advising I disputed the now £80 alleged debt.. I now know they have put a default on my otherwise excellent credit report & i was declined a bank account last week.

I have written to Orange/EE no reply.I have complained to cisas. Any other ideas welcome..

I cannot believe after 55 years unblemished credit history I now get declined over £24 for something I never wanted ,& never used..unbelievable

start a new thread

of your own

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...