SOGA claim engineers report

baptiste
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3634 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We've had an intermittent issue with our Fridge Freezer, which now finally seems to have broken down permanently, it's only 3 1/2 years old so we're claiming, something, back from the retailer.

To this end we asked an engineer to come out and provide us with an engineers report, however, I'm really not sure what he's provided is adequate, I haven't much confidence in him to be honest, he initially tried to claim that the invoice for his visit was the report, until I asked for something a bit more substantial.

His last offering is attached (I've removed the company header)

[ATTACH]51261[/ATTACH]

Is this adequate for a SOGA claim?

3.5 years?

What is the reasonable lifetime expectancy of a FF?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Hi baptiste

I think it should be fine, it is brief, it might be the case that the Fridge/Freezer is beyond economical repair, basically it would cost them more then replacing it. Keep a photocopy of it. How did you pay for it?

The FF cost £1000, so very unhappy with it, initially had it fixed by a Samsung registered engineer 1.5 years ago (he also provided me with some interesting facts about Samsung FF's, for instance; the LED display on the front of these FF are not connected to any sensors, they are little nore than a guess at the internal temperatures, they indicate what the temperature should be if the FF is working correctly).

I've just read the original Boots reply from last year:

'In order for an exchange or repair to be organised you would need to send us an engineer's report stating the fault has been there since the delivery, due to a faulty part inserted during manufacture.'

So I'm not sure that this report is going to be adequate, the engineer said at the time that it was an inherent problem, but he hasn't stated that on the report, have Boots got the right to reject this report?

Hi baptiste

Boots are specific in what they require, he's writes 'diagnosed system and temperature fault', the components mentioned aren't moving parts, so haven't suffered 'wear and tear' so by definition weren't 'fit for purpose' when installed. But he mentions the 'compressor' needs changing, does it? You could call the engineer and tell him his report needs to be more comprehensive.

How did you pay?

I've just read the original Boots reply from last year:

'In order for an exchange or repair to be organised you would need to send us an engineer's report stating the fault has been there since the delivery, due to a faulty part inserted during manufacture.'

So I'm not sure that this report is going to be adequate, the engineer said at the time that it was an inherent problem, but he hasn't stated that on the report, have Boots got the right to reject this report?

Thanks, I'll ask him to provide a little more explanation regarding the compressor.

I paid using a VISA cc.

I've just found the original order, it was late 2009! so it's actually older than I thought, but I would any appliance to last at leat 6 years myself and we paid a little more in the expectation that it would last 7+ years.

Hi baptiste

You could also consider a Section 75 claim against you Card Provider, amend the template, send it Recorded Delivery. Read the following, I wouldn't focus too much on the 6 years, bear in mind they might say you've had usage out of it, so might try to play hardball:-

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/section-75-of-the-consumer-credit-act

Thanks, I'll ask him to provide a little more explanation regarding the compressor.

I paid using a VISA cc.

I've just found the original order, it was late 2009! so it's actually older than I thought.

Thank you.

When you say 'call the engineer and tell him his report needs to be more comprehensive.' do you mean he needs to explain what is wrong with the compressor, sorry to ask, but tbh it's taken nearly 2 weeks to get this out of him, he's not easy to deal with (he isn't the sharpest tool in the box!).

Hi baptiste

Having inspected the appliance, the following parts are faulty XXXXXXXXXXXXXX, XXXXXXXXXXXXX, etc. The

faults have been there since the delivery, due to faulty parts inserted during manufacture.

His report lacks presentation.