style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3665 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

it is recommended because it is free

it is ok for seeing who you owe money to, and seeing what defaults you may have

but i don't think its one of the CRA's that is used by lenders, if im wrong, someone will correct me

It's pretty rubbish, in that potentially you can have different information at each of the CRA's on the same account. Some might say 'Settled', others 'Satisfied'.

Any " CRA" that uses 2nd Hand data must be suspect, even Call Credit its self is often incomplete, out of date or just plain wrong imo.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Damn, I thought Noodle was the oracle, and its free!

Noddle uses 2nd hand data from its parent Call Credit.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

if its historical debts you are investigating then noddle usually carries more info.

why did you need to check your cra file?

what is the underlying issue?

been getting threat-o-grams?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Experian probably holds the most information. But, to be honest, they are all a massive con.

Any basis for this allegation, hard evidence please?

Any basis for this allegation, hard evidence please?

They serve a reasonable purpose - but I wholeheartedly believe that, in the main, that people obsess over their credit files way too much. There is no such thing as a 'credit score' per se, as I'm sure you already know the lenders use their own mechanisms when determining when or when not to lend. Of course, past history does play a part - but lenders have a a wide range of other factors that they consider too.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that the CRAs have used swish marketing to make people way too obsessive over their credit scores.

your credit score means nothing, i spoke to credit expert, and they told me that what i see when i log in, and what creditors see, are totally different

i have a credit score at the moment of 999 exellent, a few weeks ago, it was 979 and was approved for a mortgage by 3 banks

my wife has a credit expert score of 969, and was turned down for a joint application

score means nothing

Hello Rebel,

IMO the DCAs are the parties at fault 99% + of the debts they handle are already defaulted so an "threat" of placing a default is meaningless simply because most people are aware that a debt cannot be defaulted twice, one cannot blame the CRAs for the banal behaviour of the DCAs.