DG Solicitors - CCJ / Charge Order - Full and Final offer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3624 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The background - DG Solicitors took me to court about current account bank charges. They won the case and I have been paying £50 a month ever since.

They also go a charging order over the house.

There is currently about £1300 left to pay.

There is also an HSBC credit card debt of about £9000. HSBC defaulted on the CC and passed it out to metropolitan, but I haven't heard anything from them about this for a couple of years.

Divorce means the house will be sold this year, probably. The mortgage is with HSBC.

I suspect that HSBC will try to snaffle the £9k when the house is sold somehow.

I have SAR'd HSBC and asked for info on the credit card and the CCJ. Still waiting on what they will send me. I also asked for all the DG solicitors files.

Now - I'd like to offer some money to DG sols as a full and final payment.

What should I ask for as part of the conditions of that?

for example:

- CCJ marked as satisfied.

- negative markers removed from my credit file

- no more attempts to collect from them or anyone else

- ??

and as for the charging order, what wording word I use for that? That the charging order be quashed? Removed? Annulled?

Thanks for your help,

Mike

Hi,

I think that if you make a short settlement offer then your credit file will show as such.

When you say negative markers be removed do you mean defaults? This cannot happen as far as I'm aware as you defaulted and that risk needs to be recorded for other potential future creditors.

Ask for the charging order to be removed.

OK, so this is my first draft of a letter to DG solicitor. Comments and corrections welcomed:

Dear Sirs,

I am writing to you with reference to the CCJ above. In a letter frpm you some months ago you suggested I contact your office to see if we could arrange a full and final payment.

A friend of mine has offered to pay £500 to you on my behalf in full and final settlement of the CCJ.

This offer is made on the understanding that, once accepted, neither you nor any other organisation will take any further action against me to pursue this debt in any way and that I will be released from any liability. I also wish to request that, if accepted, you will mark any entry on a credit reference agency file as “satisfied” in full, that the court will be advised that the account is settled and the charge order that you have over 21 Some Road will be removed.

Payment will be made direct into your account within 5 days of receiving your written agreement of my offer and method of payment.

Is it good enough?

Is it missing anything?

Thank you for your help,

Mike

OK, so this is my first draft of a letter to DG solicitor. Comments and corrections welcomed:

Dear Sirs,

I am writing to you with reference to the CCJ above. In a letter frpm you some months ago you suggested I contact your office to see if we could arrange a full and final payment.

A friend of mine has offered to pay £500 to you on my behalf in full and final settlement of the CCJ.

This offer is made on the understanding that, once accepted, neither you nor any other organisation will take any further action against me to pursue this debt in any way and that I will be released from any liability. I also wish to request that, if accepted, you will mark any entry on a credit reference agency file as “satisfied” in full, that the court will be advised that the account is settled and the charge order that you have over 21 Some Road will be removed.

Payment will be made direct into your account within 5 days of receiving your written agreement of my offer and method of payment.

Is it good enough?

Is it missing anything?

Thank you for your help,

Mike

Yes fine, You should add " Any remaining balance is not to be sold or assigned for collection to any 3rd Party. Signed for post and check delivery

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

This offer will remain open for 14 days from the date hereon.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 4 weeks later...