Motormile

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3495 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You are in a very similar position to me . You need to write to them ( I used email as a stop gap) using the bosses name.

1) Demand proof of the debt AND their right to collect it

2) Tell them that all communication MUST be in RM delivered writing , no phone calls

3) If they have sent personal details ie amount of debt and who to be email complain that other people have access to your email (anyone who uses my laptop can see them )

4) Ask for a copy of their full complaints procedure

That should hold them off for now.

Hope that helps

Thanks for that Fletch70 - who is the manager then, is it that Rob guy I have seen reference to. I will write to them asap. The amounts aren't quoted in the first correspondence but in the ones snce amount is quoted

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Little Lady..

Ignore them. Not worth entertaining your time with. You can see across the forums the pain and breakdowns they attempt to create.

Hell the other day***** their Customer Relations Manager offered to write off my fraudulent debts in the event I'd quit this forum... ******* HAS THIS BEEN REPORTED ON CAG****??

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks for that Fletch70 - who is the manager then, is it that Rob guy I have seen reference to. I will write to them asap. The amounts aren't quoted in the first correspondence but in the ones snce amount is quoted

Address to Neil Petty MD of the wretched company. neil@mile.com

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

if you want to add the other directors it is barnaby@mmile.com or barnaby.page@mmile.com I have not had either of those bounce back

BTW I have just posted a letter to Bazza that's about 4 pages long. I also called the CSA and yes they are a member and the guy on the phone didn't seem impressed that they refused to tell me. I will also try emails for the other two directors and report back, if they don't bounce back I guess they will have been received.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Well just for info

Response posted to Barry and a copy emailed to neil and barnaby . I have also copied in the two new directors James Perkin and paul Hutton using the emails james@mmile.com, paul@mmile.com as well as james.perkin@mmile.com and paul.hutton@mmile.com. So far nothing has bounced back, indeed I have had a read receipt from the emails to Neil and baranaby.

I have also emailed the FCA with my letters and their response saying I believe they are unfit to hold a licence

As the Brig says , complain complain complain to anyone that you can

Well just for info

Response posted to Barry and a copy emailed to neil and barnaby . I have also copied in the two new directors James Perkin and paul Hutton using the emails james@mmile.com, paul@mmile.com as well as james.perkin@mmile.com and paul.hutton@mmile.com. So far nothing has bounced back, indeed I have had a read receipt from the emails to Neil and baranaby.

I have also emailed the FCA with my letters and their response saying I believe they are unfit to hold a licence

*****As the Brig says , complain complain complain to anyone that you can****

At last consumers have the opportunity to affect these rogue companies the FCA so far is appearing to be pro-active so get complaining!!

Thanks for advice guys - good to see I am not alone. So do I also report these b*@%*&s to FCA then as they have emailed breaching data protection? Thank god I changed my number a couple of years ago as they seem to hound with the calls & texts. When I look back on my emails I have replied to their generic address on 3 occassions (not acknowledging the debt) but asking them to confirm further details and also sending template regarding door stop agent calling at my house without appointment. I'm going to draft a complaint letter to them today and send by recorded delivery

Yes you can complain to the FCA , go to their website and there is a contact button.

They are generally very slow to respond to letters so can I suggest you head it in bold type FORMAL COMPLAINT and specifically ask for a copy of their complaints policy.

You can also complain to the csa (no not the child support agency) http://www.csa-uk.com/ which is their trade body. Once they have received your complaint they have 8 weeks to respond after which you can take it to the Fos so make sure you keep copies of everything.

A valid complaint to the Fos should end up costing them money and quite frankly considerable more than they paid for you alleged debt , possible even more than the total debt its self

I have requested compensation for their breach of DPA, CCA1974, Conc , and the CSA code of conduct. No idea if it will happen but worth a shot

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update

After a pointless and half arsed reply to my initial complaint I wrote again addressing it to Barry but copying in all the directors. I also sent a complaint in to the CSA.

I have arrived home from my little holiday to find a letter from MMF saying my account is on hold but should be sorted within 4 weeks and an actual copy of their complaints procedure. To top it all I have not had one phone call, txt or email since , quite a disappointment really , I wanted to skin them alive.

I have asked for compensation .

If they do not answer every point this WILL go to the Fos

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Well I have had a reply to my complaint that is full of lies and half truths .

Included in the lies are 1st contact was 2nd June ( I have read receipts from contact on 27th May)

Copies of complaints procedure and CSA membership are on heir website (only because they have redesigned their website )

In law a creditor is in a different position to others (yeah yeah)

They removed all my contact details except my address on 2nd June (so why have I got a missed call, a text and a phone message on 3rd June?)

There are also several questions conveniently unanswered

Anyway I have written back calling my friend Barry a disingenuous liar .

Lets see what comes next ( I am preparing my case for the FOS but have to wait another 4 weeks yet)

Update

Well I have had a reply to my complaint that is full of lies and half truths .

Included in the lies are 1st contact was 2nd June ( I have read receipts from contact on 27th May)

Copies of complaints procedure and CSA membership are on heir website (only because they have redesigned their website )

In law a creditor is in a different position to others (yeah yeah)

They removed all my contact details except my address on 2nd June (so why have I got a missed call, a text and a phone message on 3rd June?)

There are also several questions conveniently unanswered

Anyway I have written back calling my friend Barry a disingenuous liar .

Lets see what comes next ( I am preparing my case for the FOS but have to wait another 4 weeks yet)

In Law a creditor is in the same position as any other member of the public, a creditor may of course pursue a debt BUT is must be done in a fair, honest and non harassing manner.

Not sure about Barry's status, Think he actually believes what he says is fact, been pulled up before for saying the whole bunch are delusional but the more I see of their nonsense the more obvious it becomes.

May be one of the reasons why Rob Sands is "seeking new opportunities" now.

I did start my letter saying I wasn't sure if the errors were due to incompetence or deliberate misrepresentation and I still can't decide on what level they operate i.e very badly trained or deliberately pushing as far as they can.

I don't suppose anyone has a screen shot or print out of the old mmile website .

I am just waiting for my new noddle report to come out to see if they have registered anything there before I also contact the ICO. I have a valid complaint there as well since in the complaint I included a separate paragraph in the correct format under S10

I am truly staggered that they can still operate however I suspect that many of these firms are on borrowed time. Sadly it could be almost another 2 years before their interim permissions are revoked.

I did start my letter saying I wasn't sure if the errors were due to incompetence or deliberate misrepresentation and I still can't decide on what level they operate i.e very badly trained or deliberately pushing as far as they can.

I don't suppose anyone has a screen shot or print out of the old mmile website .

I am just waiting for my new noddle report to come out to see if they have registered anything there before I also contact the ICO. I have a valid complaint there as well since in the complaint I included a separate paragraph in the correct format under S10

I am truly staggered that they can still operate however I suspect that many of these firms are on borrowed time. Sadly it could be almost another 2 years before their interim permissions are revoked.

As I understand it the FCA can act prior to the IPs expiring IF there are sufficient valid complaints to warrant doing so.

[quote=fletch70;4571660

Your obsession with this crowd suggests they've somehow reached parts others can't reach and I bet they are gaining great enjoyment from this thread. However, as regards old website, have you tried Internet Archive Wayback Machine?

No I haven't tried that.

I guess i am a little obsessed with a company that routinely flouts the law and bully people.

They can laugh all they like but the more evidence I can gather , the more likely the Fos will take the complaint seriously and investigate. That of course incurs a cost to them so it is in their interest to avoid such complaints

I now have a snapshot of their website from May which proves beyond doubt that they did not have their complaints policy or membership of the CSA on show. Just shows how that company twist the truth

Edited by fletch70

• 2 weeks later...

Another update

Reply from Daniel Spenceley at the CSA saying that some of my points are fair and they will have a word regarding DPA, using email etc. I have replied to him with copies of my last stuff to Bazza and telling him what a bunch of liars they are ( copies of letters, read receipts etc to prove when they actually received letters which is not when they claim)

Another update

Email from CSA saying they will be asking MMF for more info

Also got my "concern" into the ICO although their email limits the size so couldn't send all the attachments

Sent an email with a scan signed copy of my Fos complaint along with all the details to Fos, not sure if they will want the original documents

Either way I will get them if it's the last thing I do

Well lets see what happens here with this bunch...

I dont know how much longer this can go on as this is getting ridiculous!

MMF need to be put down now.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Another update

Reply from Daniel Spenceley at the CSA saying that some of my points are fair and they will have a word regarding DPA, using email etc. I have replied to him with copies of my last stuff to Bazza and telling him what a bunch of liars they are ( copies of letters, read receipts etc to prove when they actually received letters which is not when they claim)

All the FCA "interim permissions" will be reviewed and licences proper issued or declined, so the more complaints that are made to the FCA the tougher it will be for these DCAs/ Debt Purchasers to justify licencing.

Every instance of threatening conduct should be logged for each debt MMF chase, a full record of ones individual experiences with MMF will have an impact, but of course the FCA is bound by the same rules as the OFT was re responses to individual complainants so don't expect any form of detailed reply.

Brig

You are absolutely correct that IMO people have a duty to complain where there is a valid complaint. . It is the ONLY way that these companies can be held to account . It seems that MMF are not terribly good at responding to complaints but if you also contact the CSA it ups the pressure for them to respond .

It is also important that you keep records because again MMF are not terribly good at having accurate records themselves. Now I do not know if that is just incompetance or something a tad more sinister .

I emailed the FCA some time ago and got the standard reply, this is now with the FOS and no doubt they will try to fob me off in the first instance They should realise that I can be quite determined don't ya know :lol:

I'm in the same boat with these idiots.

There is hardly a week goes by without a text or a letter from them.

Today they decided that it would be a nice idea to bombard me with telephone calls to my mobile.

I have an app that not only instantly rejects their call, but it also keeps a record.

Does anyone think this is excessive?

Telephone number, 0113 351 0050.

09:22

09:38

09:54

10:10

12:48

13:03

13:04

13:20

13:36

The time now is 13:48, so I expect a few more by the end of the day.

I'm in the same boat with these idiots.

There is hardly a week goes by without a text or a letter from them.

Today they decided that it would be a nice idea to bombard me with telephone calls to my mobile.

I have an app that not only instantly rejects their call, but it also keeps a record.

Does anyone think this is excessive?

Telephone number, 0113 351 0050.

09:22

09:38

09:54

10:10

12:48

13:03

13:20

13:36

The time now is 13:48, so I expect a few more by the end of the day.

Yes this is very excessive.

Send Neil Petty the MD a short very sharp e-mail along the lines of:

Ref: use MMFs.

The level of contact from MMF by telephone has now reached an unreasonable level and must cease immediately.

I will not deal with any matters concerning MMF Ltd. Other than by writing via Royal Mail.

I would remind MMF Ltd. of The Appeal Court Ruling in Roberts - v - BOS (2014) which clearly lays out the point where harassment occurs.

Copy it by snail mail as well.