Monies taken out of my account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3656 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Not sure if this is right section (moderator please move to more appropriate one if needed).

Story so far: Back in February my brother asked me to pay one of his invoices in regards to rental of unit for his business while he was away in germany. I called company, paid over the phone with my debit card etc. 2 days ago i found out that there are 5 payments taken out of my account by the same company. Called them but no response, so sent emails. They have responded that they took payment from my card in regards to same unit and since they got my card details (as they said - according to our policy) they are using it as default payment. I told them that i never gave any permission (except for one payment in February) to use my card. They have only replied that they dont issue refunds and i should get my monies from my brother..

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance

Hi winnie

Speak to your card provider, explain that some of the payments have been taken out without your authorization.

Ask to do a Chargeback:-

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/how-do-i-use-chargeback

It might be an idea to find out why your brother hasn't been making payments towards the rental.

They have set up a continuous payment authority without your permission. Tell your bank about this and they will stop any further payment going out. If you want to recover the money from the company you must do a chargeback. The company is talking rubbish when it refers to its terms of business as you have not entered into a contract with them so they dont mean a bean. However, they will then chase your brother for the money and any contractual penalties so make sure that he is aware of this.

I would also be asking your brother about why he hasnt attempted to pay the rent since you bailed him out in feb. owing money is well known for causing amnesia but if his business is in a parlous state it will go down whethyer you pay the rent or not and you will be worse off anyway.

Cheers everyone for replies,

Brother actually have dispute with them and havent paid for last month only (he awaits resolution between them). So that is reason why they used my card (since it was only available payment option at present). Plus they actually used my card to charge my brother in advance for next 3 months+1 deposit!!!(they confirmed this in email today). Already went to bank and did chargeback. Completely appalled - how can someone do things like this and get away!? Sent them few more emails - response is the same - we have your card on file, our policy is to use it for any future payments or charges...

Hi winnie

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint mark it as such, explain what's happened, how they have let you down and what you want them to do. Send it to the CEO.

Cheers everyone for replies,

Brother actually have dispute with them and havent paid for last month only (he awaits resolution between them). So that is reason why they used my card (since it was only available payment option at present). Plus they actually used my card to charge my brother in advance for next 3 months+1 deposit!!!(they confirmed this in email today). Already went to bank and did chargeback. Completely appalled - how can someone do things like this and get away!? Sent them few more emails - response is the same - we have your card on file, our policy is to use it for any future payments or charges...