Kwik fit damaged alloys

Crystals
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3647 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an Audi Q7 on a 63 plate, just 2 weeks ago I had brand new tyres fitted and wheels refurbished (I do a lot of miles)

On Monday 12th may 2014 I called my local kwikfit centre on Walsall road Birmingham to book in for 4 wheel alinement, I was advised by receptionist that they did could not do this job, but I should try Great Barr kwik fit as they have the equipment.

I called Great Barr kwikfit told them I had a Audi q7,

The chap replied they can do this and it will cost £46 and something pence, in addition it will cost extra depending on the amount of "turns" it takes to set the tracking.

I'm not a mechanic, so quite oblivious to this technical talk.

I booked in for 2pm, and arrived 10 minutes before.

I parked my vehicle very carefully, I had it valeted the same morning and checked the body and wheels for any marks, (as I had left it with the valet for 2 hours)

I told the chap I will grab my some lunch from tound the corner, and shall be back shortly.

I returned after aprox 20 min, and my vehicle was parked in a different bay in the car park, front end pointing out wards, I left it parked in a different way.

I never thought much of this, just assumed the work has been carried out, it's time to pay the bill and back to work.

I am now told that they haven't done anything to the vehicle because "they don't have the equipment", and I must take it in to the main dealers!

Ok..,, but you should have told me this before I booked it in!

Not to worry, one of those things, so I jump in and drive straight back.

Upon returning I noticed that the passenger side front alloy is freshly kerbed and a chunk of tyre missing.

I ran my finger across the alloy and there was residue on my finger, clearly freshly done.

I thought of calling kwikfit to complain, but then decided it will be a waste of time as they will not admit anything, and neither do I have any proof.

I showed the damage to a friend of mine last night, who upon examination said this damage is more likely consistent with the wheel/tyre catching the side of the ramp,

Question is how do I prove this?

Do I take it back and say: excuse me sir, but I think you have damaged my wheel and tyre, can you please drive the vehicle on your ramp to see if the damage And marks are consistent with taking the vehicle on or of your ramp?

(The tyre damage is very unique and is right next to the alloy)

I thank everyone who has read my post, and I would be grateful if someone can advise me as to what's the best way forward.. If any

THANKYOU.

Hi Crystals

Welcome to CAG

In the first instance, I would write to them, enclose pictures, send it Recorded Delivery. Lets see what they say.

• 2 weeks later...

Your friend's very good......psychic diagnosis... that's very good ! ( and also difficult to prove ). It is possible that the garage damaged your car, but I doubt you will get anywhere with that claim even if they did do it.