Employer doesn't give me a payslip and doesn't answer my emails.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3654 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Several weeks ago a recruitement agency offerred me a couple of days' painting and decorating job. We agreed I would be paid 13 pounds per hour. The job was done in two days' time. The forman sent the timesheet to the agency. There were 16 hours in total. The payment arrived into my account later than they promised. But that is not a big deal. The amount was just several pounds less than it should have been after 20% tax. So I asked them to give me full break up of the payment and I asked them to send me a timesheet. Since then they stopped all correspondence with me.. :|

I sent them around 5 messages, but received no reply. Can anyone please give me an advice what to do with them?

I suggest you make your request for a proper pay/time slip in writing.

I am sure others will have more / better advice for you over the weekend.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I've already sent them several emails, I even sent them a message via their contact us form on their official site.

Do you mean to make a request in writing and send by post?

Yes. make sure to send it by recorded delivery or at least get free proof of posting.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Yes. make sure to send it by recorded delivery or at least get free proof of posting.

Thank you. Here's the text I've just composed to send. To me it looks ok. What do you think?

Dear XXXX administration(or customer service? or smd else?),

Since I never received a single answer to any of my emails, I am contacting you in writing . Please find copies of unanswered emails enclosed.

Hope to here from you soon.

Regards,

Mr XXX

• 2 weeks later...

I sent a recorded delivery letter with the above text. I attached all the unanswered email correspondence printed. Almost two weeks passed, but they didn't reply. :shock:

What should I do next? They simply ignore me!:|

What outcome are you looking for after all this? The outcome you want will help us with advice.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

What outcome are you looking for after all this? The outcome you want will help us with advice.

Well, the thing is that we agreed that they would pay 13 pounds per hour. I worked 16 hours and received the exact amount as if they payed me 13 pounds per each hour and took 20 percent from the total amount.

1) I want them to provide me with the payslip proving that they had payed the tax or

2) I want them to pay me the missing amount so that I could pay the tax myself.

Ok. So how much do you reckon they owe you? Have you got specific calculations to back up your math?

Ok. So how much do you reckon they owe you? Have you got specific calculations to back up your math?

Well, they owe me not much.

Yes, I have. They are very easy. And I also have all our phone conversations recorded by the way. To my mind this is an obvious attempt to cheat me.

How much is not much. because if it isnt enough to go to court over, or you arent prepared to fight it that way, then theres really not much youll be able to do apart from ask.

How much is not much. because if it isnt enough to go to court over, or you arent prepared to fight it that way, then theres really not much youll be able to do apart from ask.

Around 50 pounds. Tomorrow I'll check and give you the details.

I'm ready to bring them to answer. I won't leave it like that. I'm

I can't understand - is it not a crime what they are doing and they can go away with it with no repercussions?