Guidance sought

mystery57
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3682 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In 2007 on her divorce my friend, had to remortgage her property to pay off her ex husbands debts etc.

She took out a first mortgage with a company for £96,000, and a second mortgage with Swift for £10,000 which included paying off a leasing debt.

The loans were arranged by a broker who I know received £1000 from Swift as commission.

Of concern though is here we are 7 years later, and the house is still only valued at £100,000 - so how the loan ever got approved I do not know particularly as repayments of the two loans were about 60% of her salary.

Thats the background.

She phoned Swift to get a redemption figure having paid for 78 installments of £137.06 so far, and was quoted a figure of £10,557.16 to clear the debt !!!

She was also told her payments were in credit by over £300 - how we do not know.

Yet looking back through old paperwork I see she requested similar in 2011, and that letter had charges applied of £33 for a RD cheque, Other Fees (not listed) £127.00.

In addition a further fee of £43.05 on late installments.

How she has overpaid since then we cannot see at all looking at her statements.

ANYWAY - is the above acceptable behaviour or should she be looking at some complaints process.

Thanks in anticipation