Adders......

jackieandwayne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3675 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I live in Dorset, and we have a huge amount of heathland, as well as several sites set up for "herp..." oh sod, "snakes and such like!"

Already this year I've seen several adders, so me and a mate decided we'd better check with our vets to see what to do in case the worst happens.

My vet tells me that this years weather has been good for these creatures, and that he does not stock the anti-dote. he told me that it causes side effects in itself, and if anything should happen to get Taz over to him and he will sort him out by "flushing the poison out". He also tells me not to bother using Piriton as it serves no purpose except to make me feel better! So his advice is, straight into the car, and straight over to him. He has seen one case this year so far.

My mate rang his vet, and they do stock the anti-dote, they said the same about Piriton, and also that should there be a run on the anti-dote, and they ran out, they would then turn to "flushing out the system". This vet has had 3 cases this year -although is nearer to heathland than my vet.

What does everyone think? Obviously I have to trust my vet, he's never let me down before, but what if..... and, has anyone else seen a huge rise in adders already this year?

I hate them, I have an absolutely irrational fear of them, to the extent that I ran a mile up a hill on the Dorset Coastpath once because a friend told me there was an adder, I glanced down and saw it and was off. When everyone caught up with me they informed me it was a hosepipe! Wouldn't hurt them though.