'Drop and Go' signing on scheme..more scope for sanctions

jasta11
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3676 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just noticed this on Whatdotheyknow site;

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/fortnightly_jobsearch_reviews_fj#incoming-507720

Basically a new scheme where, rather than signing on in the usual manner and having your jobsearch checked there and then, you 'drop in' your jobsearch for later checking by the advisors. Not good; I prefer to have my jobsearch checked while I'm sitting there so I can deal with any possible arguments.

Have a read of the 9 response documents from the DWP (especially the first one 'Signing Trials Guidance') and then think about how many things can possibly go wrong with this system, resulting in a doubt and a sanction. The scope for the DWP claiming 'we never got your evidence' is massive.

I sincerely hope this scheme never gets off the ground and is dropped, it's horrendous. It seems to be on a voluntary basis so far so you can refuse it if asked.

Unworkable and just another daft hair brained idea. Me, I would physically take my evidence to them and insist on a signature to prove they have it and keep this in a file. The cynic in me says it is just another badly dreamt up idea to give more ammo for sanctions. Well, for the ones like me and you who know the system it isn't going to work as they won't get me playing their game!

Yes, I always get the adviser to sign and date every sheet of my Jobsearch as proof it was satisfactory on the day, and God help them if they ever try to raise a doubt in future.

It's an absolute minefield of conditions designed to catch customers out;

'If supplied on the template, they will need to include the jobsearch activity undertaken, the

jobsearch activity start date (the first day of activity after the last signing day)

and end date (the next signing day)'

That extract effectively means 'if the customer hasn't provided evidence to cover every single day then we can raise a doubt'

'They will be issued a specific date and time slot to return the Clerical Drop

and Go Actively Seeking Employment template. This date and time slot must

be adhered to and failure to do so may result in DMA action and may affect

their JSA payments'

The JC will be rubbing their hands with glee at this one.

Those who post-in their jobsearch will be given envelopes..but not pre-paid ones. For customers who attend in person to bring in their evidence, staff will be told to regularly check the 'drop and go' box and if someone's jobsearch evidence is lacking or missing they will phone that person the same day to check up - can you honestly see them doing this??? Much easier to A) Not do it or B) Claim they 'couldn't contact you'; both will result to a doubt being raised.

They will also be wanting us to create a UJ account if we haven't already done so, but at least they've included the bit about access not being compulsory.

As Nystagmite says, this scheme is going to take far longer than the usual 'spend 5 minutes with customer, check jobsearch then done'. It will fail spectacularly and we'll be the ones to bear the brunt. I can imagine a lot of claimants will think 'Ah great, I needn't see an adviser now, just drop off my evidence or mail it in' but they'll be doing a far more dangerous thing than just signing on normally.

I cannot see the JC staff at the thick of it being happy about this - this will have come from above.

I think the JC staff are already pushed as it is, meeting all the so called targets.

I think they will probably randomly pick a few to check (cannot see them checking every one).

It's a scare tactic to keep JS claimants on their toes.

I think they will probably randomly pick a few to check (cannot see them checking every one).

No problem with that but I'm sure they'll also randomly pick a few customers, 'lose' their evidence and sanction them as well - and people won't even know anything is amiss until they check their payments later and wonder why their money isn't there.

I hope nobody willingly signs up to this, I want to sign on and leave knowing my evidence was satisfactory and payment was immediately put through, not spend the next few days wondering if everything is okay. As you say, there's no doubt a psychological aspect to them doing this and keeping us worried and on our toes.

Not something I did often; but I found that if I wanted information on courses, work experience, etc. I could ask my advisor. It was easier doing it then instead of making an appointment with possibly an advisor I wasn't familiar with.

Whereas under this system, an appointment would have to be made at a different time.