Ebay bad seller?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3683 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

I recently purchased an item off Ebay. The item cost £4.99 plus postage. The seller gave me a tracking number for Yodel. A courier for an item that costs £4.99? Strange!

After ten days the item had not arrived. I went onto Yodels website and input the tracking number; it was delivered on 10/4/14. No it wasn't!

I rang Yodel and gave them the tracking number and my details. "Sorry that tracking number is not for your address and we are unable to give you details of where the item was delivered due to data protection".

Went back to seller: gave him the information as above.

After many days of toing and froing the seller kept saying item delivered even though I explained the tracking number did not relate to me . Having lost my patience I escalated it to Ebay Customer Care(laugh!).

The email:

I have been involved in a dispute over non-delivery of an item. The item number is xxxxxxxxxx. The tracking number given to me does not correspond with my name, address or postcode. It is the wrong tracking number and the seller refuses to budge. Please help.

The decision:

.cs95E872D0{text-align:left;text-indent:0pt;margin:0pt 0pt 0pt 0pt} .cs1B16EEB5{color:#000000;background-color:transparent;font-family:Calibri;font-size:11pt;font-weight:normal;font-style:normal;} .csA2081E39{text-align:left;text-indent:0pt;margin:12pt 0pt 0pt 0pt}

Hello David,

Thank you for contacting eBay Customer Service regarding the adaptor (Item 201037273803) you purchased from "cheshire_stuff" which you haven't received. Let me summaries as I believe and understand that you are requesting for the full refund of your payment on this transaction. I also understand your frustration about not having any resolution from your trading partner.

I appreciate and commend you as well for doing the right thing in bringing this to our attention. I also acknowledge the fact that you have been patient and understanding from the time that this issue was raised we would like to say thank you as we know that your time is valuable and you only want what is truly yours. I'm sorry you've had a negative experience with this particular transaction. I want to extend to you all the help that I can give regarding this matter. Let me assure you that I'm more than genuinely interested in resolving this issue for you.

David, in response to your claim, I have fully reviewed the details and can see that the seller has provided proof of tracking (Yodel tracking no. JD0002250288004726) indicating that the item was posted and delivered to you last April 14, 2014.

Here is the link: http://myyodel.co.uk/tracking?parcel_id=JD0002250288004726

Because of this scenario, I want to let you know that we are not able to close this case in your favour. We also cannot approve an appeal of a case decision where tracking shows an item has been delivered as we must take this as proof of delivery.

I really want to help you with this and I understand that you have not received this item, it is very possible that a mistake was made by the mail carrier. The package may have been delivered or could have been delivered to the wrong address. In either scenario, I hope you can understand that we made this decision because the tracking information shows the item was delivered to you.

At this point, my best option for you is to contact the mail carrier used to see if they could provide further details of the packages whereabouts. You can also find the tracking number in the resolution centre.

I would also recommend you to ask and check the item with your family/housemates/neighbours – it may be a case that someone at or near your property took the parcel from the postman but forgot to let you know or it may have been delivered to the neighbours by accident. If applicable, I’d also recommend that you check the front of your house, as some postmen can leave parcels “somewhere safe”, for example; behind a bin, at the back or side of a house etc.

Please be assured that we strive to do our best to address our member's every concern and we make decisions based on the policies that all eBay members have agreed upon.

Also, here are some tips that may improve your experience:

1. Communicate with the seller.

- Be sure to contact the seller first and try to work things out.

- Use the "Ask a question" link in the listing page or the “Contact a Seller” option in My eBay.

2. Consider buying from Top-rated sellers who have demonstrated exceptional customer service. Review the seller’s feedback before purchasing.

3. Buy domestically. If you need your item right away, you may want to buy your item closer to home to avoid customs delays.

4. Update your delivery address. Make sure your address is current so items will be delivered to you.

To make sure your transactions go smoothly in the future, we suggest you visit the eBay site and click the Safety Centre link located at the bottom of any page. There you will find tips on how to buy safely in the "Buying Safely" section.

As part of our Helpful Guidance for your future transaction, please read through the page for more useful information. You could copy and paste this into a new browser.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/buyer-protection.html

For tips on buying, see the Help Page below:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/buyer_checklist.html

David, I trust I have addressed all your queries, as always our aim is to assist you in the most efficient and professional manner.

I am flabbergasted.....Ebay, like the seller, just haven't read anything!!!

Suggestions please (sensible ones not sarcastic or childish comments)?

The very fact that Yodel have confirmed that the item tracking was not for your address should be sufficient for Ebay to realise that either the Seller has provided you with an incorrect tracking number or has not sent the item to you.

TBH, I really have no idea where you go from here.

Would Yodel be prepared to provide their response in writing to you , do you think ?

If you let them know that you understand they are unable to provide the actual address to where the item was delivered, but if they could just confirm that the tracking number you have been provided with was not for an item delivery at your address, that might be sufficient proof.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

ebay are useless when it comes to this kind of dispute and Yedel are utterly useless at best, why anyone uses them is beyond me. Try ebay live help and when they trot out the same thing tell them what YODEL have siad and ask them to reconsider their decision. It could be a simple mistake of posting the item to the wrong address or the bloke could be sending things to himself using it as a new dodge (unlikely0

Call eBay. You will have to go through the site map and the "contact us" section, some of the answers don't give an option to call them, some do, keep looking until you find it.

When you call, you will get put through to an American call center. Just tell them the issue. They may try to argue it, but don't put the phone down, they will eventually refund out of "good will".