Lowells pursuing o2 debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3693 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi can someone help.

I took out a contract in November 2011wrote a letter in October 2012 giving 30 days notice of end of contract. In January 2013 I noticed they were still taking direct debit payments but higher amounts. . I cancelled the direct debit.

I have 4 other O2 accounts.

A default was placed in April 2013

This was passed to Lowell in December 2013.

Someone basically took out an upgrade in my name.

After several hundred letters to both companies I asked for a CCA and SAR request from both.

O2 wrote back saying my account was not taken out on a CCA and retracted the account from Lowell and removed the default.

Lowell then places their own default and have not complied with CCA or SAR request but after a phone call they said the account is closed and complaints department are writing out to me. They also passed the debt to another agency.

I've not checked my file yet but O2 defaults removed and Lowell still there.

Does this mean that the Lowell default for the same O2 account will come off?

What happens if they've sold the deft on again and the 2nd DCA place a default?

O2 say I still Owe them money and can pay them direct but it all seems very fishy to me.

Please advise as Its costing a fortune trying to get things sorted with recorded letters and they seem to take months to reply.

Thanks in advance

Hi can someone help.

I took out a contract in November 2011wrote a letter in October 2012 giving 30 days notice of end of contract. In January 2013 I noticed they were still taking direct debit payments but higher amounts. . I cancelled the direct debit.

After several hundred letters to both companies I asked for a CCA and SAR request from both.

O2 wrote back saying my account was not taken out on a CCA and retracted the account from Lowell and removed the default.

Lowell then places their own default and have not complied with CCA or SAR request but after a phone call they said the account is closed and complaints department are writing out to me. They also passed the debt to another agency.

O2 say I still Owe them money and can pay them direct but it all seems very fishy to me.

Please advise as Its costing a fortune trying to get things sorted with recorded letters and they seem to take months to reply.

Thanks in advance

you need to start a new thread

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi can someone help.

I took out a contract in November 201

1wrote a letter in October 2012 giving 30 days notice of end of contract.

In January 2013 I noticed they were still taking direct debit payments but higher amounts. .

I cancelled the direct debit.

Thanks in advance

Hi can someone help.

Thanks in advance

1. There is no CCA for a phone account.

2. Lowell will have only updated the original creditors entry when they acquired the account.

3. If you cancelled the DD and payments were still taken take this up with your bank via the DD guarantee scheme.

4. Write to Ms Sara de Tute Director of Legal & Compliance at the Lowell Group, regarding Lowells entry on the CRA Files.

5. If you believe the account is fraudulent a Formal Complaint at director level to O2 is needed.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Looks like you had already started a new thread for yourself, so I have merged this and the one I started for you :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

O2 said they have taken the default off my credit files and asked Lowell to return to them. Lowell said the account is closed (probably recently) and complaints team writing out.

The fact that O2 have asked it to be returned, lowell closed account, does this mean Lowell have to remove the default also?

O2 said they have taken the default off my credit files and asked Lowell to return to them. Lowell said the account is closed (probably recently) and complaints team writing out.

The fact that O2 have asked it to be returned, lowell closed account, does this mean Lowell have to remove the default also?

o2 said they have taken the default off my credit files and asked lowell to return to them. Lowell said the account is closed (probably recently) and complaints team writing out.

The fact that o2 have asked it to be returned, lowell closed account, does this mean lowell have to remove the default also?

yes!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Ok thanks. That's great.

Now that it will be coming offy file all I have on credit is 3 mobile phones and a £3,000 overdraft. I've never had anything else been at my address for 22 years and always paid all my direct debits on time, my bank account is not showing on my file. Do you think I would be accepted for a credit card when it comes off?

The possibility of getting a CC with only mobile accounts and one bank account with an OD might be difficult, as lenders may not see this enough " credit management" to make a judgement.

Please stay away from so called credit builder cards with rates 0f 35-39% I would suggest perhaps applying to you bank

in the first instance, a personal application made in branch, request a reasonable starting limit of up to £1500.00.

Is there anything else I could apply for that would get me on the credit ladder? Mobiles are the only applications I've ever made and I'm 22. My bank raised my overdraft from 800 to 1600 then 3000 in one month. Those were application made but I want to pay that off. I could try a 2K loan with my bank. Been with them 17 years and I have £43000 salary going through my bank and 1000 of direct debits each month for bills.

Is there anything else I could apply for that would get me on the credit ladder? Mobiles are the only applications I've ever made and I'm 22. My bank raised my overdraft from 800 to 1600 then 3000 in one month. Those were application made but I want to pay that off. I could try a 2K loan with my bank. Been with them 17 years and I have £43000 salary going through my bank and 1000 of direct debits each month for bills.

As said in post 13# a credit card with your bank is a good idea.

Yes because my mum opened the account and as I grew up it changed.

So my bank will rate me on something different than my credit file is that what your saying ?

Yes your bank knows you your history with them, the CRAs mystical "credit score" is nothing more than a day to day indicator for YOU to see how an application MAY be viewed, But all lenders have their own unique "rating" systems, the credit file is guidance for example on length of residence (stability) and general financial management which is used together with their own systems.

That will be the reason my bank increased my overdraft twice even though the default was placed on my file.

One very last question. Loan or credit card. Online or instore, is there any difference to either product or would the ojtcome be the same.

Loan is fixed tern credit CC is rolling credit which builds a " better profile" e.g. well managed usage of available credit, repaid in full each month on time.

No Matter how or where you apply.