The right to get the correct change

porrohman65
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Don't exactly know where to post this, so posting it here

My local poundworld is terrible for giving the correct change,

more or less every day,

they don't have 1p pieces,

and the operator make their excuses..

.sorry I don't have any 1p coins,

even when I asked for my 1p change,

he just closed his till

This has been going on for the last 2 years,

I have even contacted there customer support,

and once more today sent a strongly worded email

I would like to know from someone who is in the know,

would this be classed as theft,

if it happened once or twice,

then call it an under sight,

but to happen all the time,

some one must know its going on

The xxxxxxxxx bit is something I want to take up with my local police officer,

as I recon, Im owed around £3, in change not given to me, over the last 2 years

I even consider, if this is happening in other poundworld stores,

there something very underhanded going on

The xxxxxxxxx bit is something I want to take up with my local police officer,

as I recon, Im owed around £3, in change not given to me, over the last 2 years

on

Are you for real?

Do you really think that would be a good use of there time

Do you not think that making things formall start in writing marking it formall complaint

Stay off the telephone

If that does not work you could always shop elsewhere

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Hi porrohman65

Have you complained formally to the company? i.e. Store Manager, Head Office, then to Trading Standards.

Ask them what happens to change that is not given back to customers.

Have emailed customer service at least 3 times, and they promise it will be looked into, and for a short time, there is an improvement, but soon they go back to there old ways

As for trading standards, they cant help me, and they have told me, I need to contact the police

Are you for real?

Do you really think that would be a good use of there time

Do you not think that making things formall start in writing marking it formall complaint

Stay off the telephone

If that does not work you could always shop elsewhere

I don't care about the £3, or getting them into trouble, with me contacting the police , it would be about informing the shop manager, of the customer right to change

and the customer service have been told of this on one or more occasions, so they have had time to sort this out

Are there goods on and around the till area that you could be looking at while you evesdrop to see if the same happens with other customers?

There was a customer in front of me, and she got the same reply, sorry I don't have any 1p coins

Even last week, I asked for my change, and the person just closed the till and said sorry mated, there none to give

I work in a supermarket, and a have told my manager about this, and she is astounded at this, it is her opinion, that someone isn't ordering the change needed for a daily customer turnover

I have received a reply from poundworld, now its almost the same reply as before, so I now wait to see how things improve if anything

Thank you for contacting customer service.

I am very sorry to hear of the situation you describe – our customers and the service we provide is very important.

I can assure you that this matter will be taken up with the appropriate management to ensure that it does not happen again.

Please may I take this opportunity to apologise on behalf of the whole company and I hope this has not deterred you from shopping in our store in the future.

I can assure you this has been taken very seriously and I have forwarded your email to the store and area manager's in order for this to not happen again.

If you have any further questions or comments please do not hesitate to get in touch

Kind Regards

David

[/Quote]

Stand your ground and wait at the till until they get you your penny. I would. I'm sure they have a penny in the store somewhere.

And I mean wait at the till so the operator cannot serve anyone else.

There was a customer in front of me, and she got the same reply, sorry I don't have any 1p coins

Even last week, I asked for my change, and the person just closed the till and said sorry mated, there none to give

See if you can get a mate to go into the shop before you and buy something and pay with some pennies amongst the cost. Then if you are denied a penny change, you will know

that this is a moneymaking idea. If a till is allotted to a cashier and she has a key to keep it locked when she goes away, then it would be her/him. You get the idea?

Soon it will be that they dont have any 5p coins, then 10p..

Whilst it is only a 1p, if htey do that to pretty much all cash paying customers, it could soon mount up. Is this happening in all their stores ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

That's a cunning plan, just be careful after 20p in pennies it ceases to be legal tender unless Poundland or whoever agree it's o.k.

See if you can get a mate to go into the shop before you and buy something and pay with some pennies amongst the cost. Then if you are denied a penny change, you will know

that this is a moneymaking idea. If a till is allotted to a cashier and she has a key to keep it locked when she goes away, then it would be her/him. You get the idea?

Can't quite remember the ins and outs but from what I gather if you, as a buyer, don't give the correct amount of money then the seller is not obliged to give you the change, which is why, quite a common situation, a bus won't give you change if you pay for, eg, a £3 fare with a fiver.

I believe it's law, though not many shops would do it.

Can't quite remember the ins and outs but from what I gather if you, as a buyer, don't give the correct amount of money then the seller is not obliged to give you the change, which is why, quite a common situation, a bus won't give you change if you pay for, eg, a £3 fare with a fiver.

I believe it's law, though not many shops would do it.

I can understand this with the buses, they even have sign saying correct change, nom change given

But as for the shops, if they done this more often, and to all there customers, the customers would soon go away

As for my problem, I now just have to wait to see how things fold out in the coming months, do poundworld go back to there old ways, seeing I have been told this will now be fixed, and the only reason I think this is happening, is because I was going to involve the police

I Google this and from what you have said, it true, but it also points out, you dont need to go through with the transaction, so I suppose the next time this happens, just ask for my £1 coin back

Call their bluff - save some pennies at home and when they respond with we don't have any pennies offer 4 pennies in exchange for a five pence piece or 9 pennies for a ten pence piece. Then announce loudly "They have pennies now for your change" to the rest of the queue.

I have heard it mentioned that apparently you have no legal right to get change back.

I don't what the company policy is on this though.

through these forums, I now know this, but its hard to believe there any truth in it, I couldn't imagine shops doing this, as we all know what would happen, customers would just refuse to shop there

As for this, no legal right to change, I think I going to check with the banks seeing there the ones that's issue the money, and trading standards, if they can throw any light on this, and how it came about