MKDP Claimform - Old HSBC Credit Card 'debt'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Nope, it's definitely disappeared!! I've looked under 'my profile' and then 'search all started threads' and the Marlin one does not appear. There was a mound of important information in that thread, which I could never replicate now, and as I will need to revisit it at some point for further advice, please can somebody tell me how to find/resurrect it ???

Thank you.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a totally different note, but I don't know where else to ask this, I have just realised that one of my older threads, linked with a Marlin court case, has disappeared from my UserCP??!!

As my dealings with the court case are still ongoing, and I will need to add more posts to my thread as and when things happen, how on earth do I find it again please?? Why can I no longer see it??

PANIC, PANIC!!!

Who was the original creditor Toots.?..it will assist whilst I search

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Who was the original creditor Toots.?..it will assist whilst I search

Andy

I thought I'd answered you immediately, but my reply isn't showing, so heaven knows what I did! It was MARLIN Andy, and the thread title would have had their name, 'URGENT' and possibly Marks & Spencers/HSBC.

give me 5 mins I can see what has happened.

there was a database hiccup earlier today.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

give me 5 mins I can see what has happened.

there was a database hiccup earlier today.

dx

Oh, thank heavens, that sounds hopeful then dx! I'm praying it's retrievable. Thank you.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Got it dx, and it's showing under UserCP too, hurray!!

However, there should be a lot more than 6 pages to the thread, so it looks as though the latter pages are missing??

dates appear correct

just remember its been tidied up

where you say posted several short posts within minutes of each other

without a reply [like you do!!]

they would have been merged to one post

cant see anything missing

dx

and they

andy has post 273

dx

and they

andy has post 273

dx

Yes, I know Andy told me what he thinks I should do, but I replied , (post 274), and explained my reasons for not wanting to follow that course of action.

I want an end in sight, therefore I'm still waiting for answers to my questions dx.

So, once again, I'm sure there's somebody on here who might see things from my point of view, and have the expertise to please answer my questions, for which I'd be grateful.

I don't mean to sound as though I'm ungrateful for Andy's advice, because I'd have been lost without him on here over the past couple of years, but surely I don't always have to agree with a plan that I feel won't be helpful to me.

You have 3 options only Toots......

borrow the full amount and pay it off

increase your monthly payments to say £20 per month

or carry on paying £1.00

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

To answer your questions from earlier Toots:

1. There are no rules to force the Claimant to give you a reason to reject. You have a CCJ and that is the amount you must pay whilst it stands.

2. The FCA regulations are irrelevant.

3. The Court can't force mediation or the Claimant to accept a reduced settlement amount. The CCJ amount is what's payable.

4. It's too late to raise your mental health issues now and can't be used to force a reduced settlement, they should have been raised a lot earlier in the claim.

5. You should just continue paying or up your offer.

You have 3 options only Toots......

borrow the full amount and pay it off

increase your monthly payments to say £20 per month

or carry on paying £1.00

Regards

Andy

Thanks Andy. My options are limited to the £1.00 per month, or trying to raise my offer. Thanks for your input.

Hi all/anybody who can advise.

Sorry for another question, but can anybody tell me whether Section 24 of The Limitations Act 1980 applies to CCJ's please?

If I pay my CCJ as instructed for 6 years,

I presume I couldn't then stop paying and use the above if the creditor chased me??

I suppose what I'm trying to say is I'd accepted that I'll probably have to pay the CCJ for the rest of my life,

but then I found some info about the above act and wondered how/if it applies to CCJ's.

( I do understand that if a creditor hasn't enforced payment during the first 6 years of a CCJ,

then they will have difficulty enforcing after this time,

but what about in the case where the debtor has actually made all the necessary payments during the first 6 years and then stops paying?).

I hope that makes sense. Clutching at straws I'm sure, but worth asking.

Many thanks, Toots.

Thanks Ganymede, grateful for your reply.

Do you know much about The Limitations Act please, or do you think somebody who does might reply over the weekend, (just so I know for sure - I realise I'm a pain in the butt with all of my questions, but I can't settle if I have something that I need a definitive answer to!).

Well, I thought I'd Sent you a reply Ganymede, but having just re-checked , it's disappeared, so I've obviously done something wrong!

I just wanted to say cheers and thanks for being understanding. If I knew how to use the smilies on here, I'd send you a bunch of happy /grateful ones, but I'll just have to make do with colons and brackets, :), :), :)!!

limitations act cant apply to anything if you are paying it toots.!!

only poss input it might have had is if the clamant applied for the CCJ 6yrs after last payment.

dx

and they