Help needed with shopping

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3692 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My elderly father with limited income has been house bound since January 2014 as he lives on the first floor and there is no lift. He has been waiting several weeks for a physio therapist to visit to help him with the stairs and has no idea when one will be able to visit.

He needs someone to do his shopping for him once a week. Social services can't do it and Age UK you have to go onto a waiting list.

Is there any other way that he can get help with shopping? Thanks.

I dont know any services sorry but if he lived by me I would gladly do his shopping for him.

Edit: you could try salvation army or something similar as they might know of some places.

Hello Surfer.

Is there a Good Neighbour scheme where your father is? My in-laws have one that is very helpful. I see some of them are run by AgeUK, but not all of them.

Is it worth getting on the waiting list and in the system though?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello Surfer.

Is there a Good Neighbour scheme where your father is? My in-laws have one that is very helpful. I see some of them are run by AgeUK, but not all of them.

Is it worth getting on the waiting list and in the system though?

HB

I have put him on the waiting list with Age UK. This does raise a concern as surely he cannot be the only person in this sort of situation? My father although a British citizen only arrived back in this country in 2005 so has virtually no friends or acquaintances to help. We live in a different county to him although we normally go up to see him every Thursday however we are away until end of April and then again for most of June so he needs help with shopping. Also I think the very long wait for a physio person to attend is not good.

Are there any neighbours who can help? Or a local community centre where volunteers work? If by an amazing chance he lives in Hackney/Harringay London, I'd be happy to do his shopping once a week.

Don't really want to ask neighbours as they are all elderly anyway. Not sure about community centre? He lives nowhere near London.

My dad is in Worcestershire near Kidderminster.

Hi, have you thought about maybe setting up an online shopping account from one of the bigger supermarkets? They store shopping lists and if you set it up for him, obviously with his shopping choices, then you would only have to remember to do the order once a week from anywhere you happen to be. Good luck bx

Is there a volunteer centre where he lives? They may have someone who can help.

It is a small town and does not even have a citizens advice bureau and you have to travel to one of the bigger towns, so no idea of a volunteer centre or how to find out about one. This sort of thing is all new to us.