Appealing against instant dismissal.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3688 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Today I was instantly dismissed following an investigation into alleged gross misconduct.

The misconduct in question was uploading several photos to facebook (stupid I know!) but other employees in the same store have done the same offense and not had any disciplinary actions. Previous to this I have not had anyone talk to me about the social media policy nor about the inappropriate nature of the photos.

I am going to appeal but I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to word my letter or even what to include? I'm totally at a loss!

Thanks for any help!

Scarlett.

Dismissed after an investigation, or dismissed after a hearing following an investigation?

What sort of photos....???

How long have you worked there?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

They were some photos of other colleagues who I am also friends with and some stuff just around the store, a plant pot etc. There were 6 photos in all.

I've worked there for four years and my previous disciplinary actions are only one written warning for absence which I got a year and a half ago and haven't had a day off since.

I was dismissed after they had an investigation and I came in for a secondary meeting.

Sounds like they followed process then.

What didn't they like about the pictures?

Sorry, just trying to work out if it's worth appealing!

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

They did follow process, its more about the fact that other employees have done similar acts and had nothing happened.

They didn't like that 2 of the photos were taken in work time and that I had commented on one of them calling the employee in question a cock. The employee in question is also my boyfriend though and had been interviewed to say he didn't mind.

As I say, my appeal would be more about other employees doing the same act and having nothing happen, certainly not being sacked!

Ohhkay.. afraid I don't agree and I've certainly seen people dismissed for similar. What do you have to offer in the way of mitigation other than "everyone else does it"?