Bryan Carter threat of litigation on 7.4.14

Ditzee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3699 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum so apologies if I have posted a thread in the wrong section, I am just seeking help with a debt problem as are many others.

I received a letter before action letter from BC stating that they were acting on behalf of Fredrickson International/Lowell and if that I did not pay debt in full legal action would be instigated against me on 7/4/14.

Unfortunately, I am suffer from anxiety/social phobia illness and now receive ESA and live in rented accommodation. I fell into debt problems in 2008/2009. I think the original debt relates to a credit card with Barclaycard and am unsure as to when payments stopped but would have been either late 2008 or early 2009. Due to my illnesses I have "stuck my head in the sand" regarding my debt arrears but receiving a letter threatening court action has meant that my anxiety levels have now gone through the roof. As I need proof of the debt and more details and being unsure as to whom exactly I should write to in order to do this I decided today to write to Bryan Carter as he is the organisation threatening the court action. I printed off a "proof of debt" type letter stating that I did not acknowledge the debt and requesting details after using a template from this informative and helpful site. Inside the same envelope I also printed off a CCA request letter addressed to BC and enclosed a postal order for £1 stating it should be used for purposes of providing CCA only but I forgot to state that I did not acknowledge the debt on this letter but am hoping that my proof of debt letter also enclosed will cover me as I clearly stated this in the body of this letter. I asked someone to kindly post this recorded delivery today ( I am agoraphobic and have not left my home for over 4 years).

Can someone kindly confirm that this is the correct initial response to the BC letter? Do you think it is likely that the threat of legal action may be halted on 7/4/14 when they receive my letters tomorrow?

Many thanks.