style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3704 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:sad:Hi

- I have council tax arrears and

spoke to my council yesterday to organise a repayment plan, but was told that this has gone to the baliff - JBW Group.

I called them (I have not recieved a letter yet) to organise a payment plan and

was told that they cannot organise repayment plans,

they have to have someone visit and take notes of all my goods and discuss repayment plans then.

This sounds very odd to me, and was also told that if I don't do it this week then the charges next week will be nearer £300!

I've organised a time on Friday for them to visit but I really don't want to let them in

- I just want to spread the payments over 3-4 months

- do I have to let them in?

Many Thanks

They are lying they don't need a levy under any law to make an arrangement

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

just pay the council directly via your internet banking webportal.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You can tell them but they will most likely still call and add fees if they can. Hide any car well away for now.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I've just spoken to JBW and cancelled the appointment for Friday and have told them I am going to make payments direct to the council. They have asked the payments to go to them as they hold the debt and they will inform the council - what should I do?

This is horrendous!

I've just spoken to JBW and cancelled the appointment for Friday and have told them I am going to make payments direct to the council. They have asked the payments to go to them as they hold the debt and they will inform the council - what should I do?

This is horrendous!

Do not speak to them on the phone unless you can record the conversation as their version of events will be vastly different to yours. There is no law that says you have to speak to or deal with a Bailiff.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]