style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3699 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I have a Flex account with them, i contacted other day about setting up a repayment plan, i do not want to give them my bank details again in order to set up a new direct debit, I will be getting a money windfall on 12th May, I was wondering what would happen if I didn't pay or contact them until this date and paid it off them. Would I incur a lot of charges which would put the amount due up a lot higher?

Charges would be unenforceable.

If you contact them they should stop interest accruing. However they have been known to debit the account when they think you wont repay on tine.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi and welcome to CAG

If you are in financial difficulties, QQ must treat you sympathetically especially now as the FCA have just taken over from the OFT and they have payday lenders in their sights.

If they do not do so, you should raise a formal complaint with them.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

QUick quids are though seq. They are all classed as penalty charges. Late fee's, spurious admin fee's etc. I know they say its in their T&C's, but that doesnt make them legit. It just makes them unfair, especially so since they arent a low amount such as £5-10. They are usually around £20-50. So if they arent actually unenforceable, they are very surely challengable.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

There's a world of difference between something being unenforceable and being challengeable. Bear in mind that whether or not these fees are regarded as a penalty would generally be a question for the courts. Of course, we all know what the principles are - and it's quite likely that they could well be. I just don't think that they would atomatically be regarded as unenforceable.

Maybe I misworded it but the pdls definitely know what theyre doing and theyre pushing their luck.