Trying to help my mom with her Wonga loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3703 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think Wonga are trying to rip off my mom, she's just told me about a loan she has with them.

She borrowed £290 off them back in December with a interest+transmission charge of £51. She couldn't pay on the date so they've added on quite a bit of interest by what I can tell.

I emailed them asking them for a statement of the account (which was a lot of hassle in itself) and they sent me the attached pic.

The interest they've added looks pretty unfair to me, and it even looks like they've added interest on top of interest. Is there anything we can do to get it reduced?

Thanks!

Transmission charge of £51? Do you mean they charged her £51 just for them to put the money in her bank? Did your mum tell them at any time that she was in difficulty and required them to stop interest so she could bring the debt down?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

She borrowed £250, then added on another £40 to that, they charged her £5.50 transmission each time and £68 interest for the loans, which I work out to be £369. They are currently asking her for £624.59. She tried to do the online repayment plan thing through wonga's site but it would only repay over 2 months so she got panicked and just tried to forget about it.