British gas - who can i contact??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3706 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am a customer of British Gas and have an online account. Recently as my existing deal was due to end I was searching their website to see what their best deal was. If you are an existing customer they give you a link to "Your Tariff Check" which shows what they call "YOUR TARIFF CHOICES". This lists a choice of just 2. First is their Standard Tariff which they call "OUR CHEAPEST DEAL" + another Fixed Price Tariff to 2016.

However, if you look elsewhere on their website (not that easy to a computer novice) you can find other tariffs as well, and at least one is up to 15% cheaper than their Standard Tariff so it is not their "CHEAPEST DEAL"

I phoned them to check this out and was told that there were cheaper tariffs which didn't show up on the tariff check but they didn't seem to know why that would be. I told them on the 'phone that by not showing ALL available tariffs on the tariff check link, then they were misleading existing customers into believing that they only had a choice of two. Furthermore, it was a downright lie that their Standard Tariff is their cheapest deal.

I then wrote by email to ask them about this and they did admit in writing that the website is wrong and they would work to put it right but, despite several emails back and forth they have done nothing to change it so far and it is now over 3 weeks since I pointed it out to them. I also tried contacting my MP - no reply!! Channel 4 News- No Reply!! I am getting frustrated that their existing customers will be logging on and possibly signing up to what they think is the cheapest one on offer and end up paying a lot more than they need. It is a grossly misleading practice and they should be brought to book - has anyone any helpful suggestions??:???:

Hi rafob

Sorry you haven't had any replies yet please be patient I am sure the caggers will be along to help.

This link may be of help its the ombudsman service: http://www.ombudsman-services.org/energy.html

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi rafob

Write to all of the below, you can email all of them.

ASA

Keep the emails as evidence. Take snapshots of their website as evidence. Lodge a complaint with the emails and snapshots of their website Advertising Standards Authority (ASA).

http://www.asa.org.uk/Consumers/How-to-complain.aspx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OFGEM

Complain to OFGEM - again send them the emails and snapshots.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/about-us

Send it to:-

Mr Andrew Wright

Chief Executive

OFGEM

andrew.wright@ofgem.gov.uk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trading Standards

Complain to Trading Standards - again send them the emails and snapshots

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/