PCN in Croydon - rule 244

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3706 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm after some advice if you could help me please.

I recently receive a PCN for parking part on and part off the pavement in Croydon. I have since learnt that this is not allowed in 'London'. Whereas where I live it is encouraged as the council removed the grass verges along the road (Google street view PO7 7RU, will show).

My question is do I have any grounds to appeal due to the fact that along the stretch of road which I was parked, had a continuous dropped kerb. Some of the dropped kerb area is used by a business (Gaybank Construction) to access their parking area, but some of the dropped kerb area would take you to a brick wall. This is the area I was parked. (Google street view CR2 6QB)

I could have parked anywhere along this road, there are no yellow lines or parking restrictions and I truly believed I was doing the right thing by parking half off and half on.

thanks for any help/advise you could offer

regards Darren

In London unless there are marked bays you cannot park off the carriageway, it doesn't matter if it is grass verge, a crossover from a drop kerb, footway or anything else. Unless there is something wrong with the PCN I would pay up, suggesting that obstructing the footway rather than the carriageway was in your view 'doing the right thing' is going to get nowhere.