style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3663 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It's more likely to be an electrical fire or something that caused instruments to fail and the crew were overcome by smoke or fumes. The autopilot was on and carried flying the plane in a straight line until it ran out of fuel over the ocean.

We'll find out for sure, once they recover the wreckage.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check my link on page 1. Theres a really good theory on there that holds water.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Check my link on page 1. Theres a really good theory on there that holds water.

have read that, doesn't seem to explain no mobile comms. unless the fire was all engulfing almost instantaneous, in which case wouldn't the crash site be further north, maybe over land? i don't know :)

Most airlines have some form of shielding to protect the aircraft from interference. And if its over the ocean or a remote part of land, then there wouldnt be any kind of signal. But s i said, we'll get the answers if and when they find the wreckage.

To aid maintenance, most airlines use the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS), which automatically collates and files four technical reports during every flight so that engineers can spot problems. These reports are sent via VHF radio or satellite at take-off, during the climb, at some point while cruising, and on landing. When an aircraft flies over land, ACARS messages are sent via VHF radio but when an aircraft is in remote regions, or over water or out of range of VHF radio, the signal automatically switches to satellite.

I suspect that there was a fire onboard in the cargo hold as it was carrying Lithium Batteries. Lithium ion batteries are used in mobile phones and laptops. These have been responsible for a number of fires on planes and have even brought aircraft down in recent years. We may have a long wait to find out.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

What i find strange is that in the 24hrs after the aircraft went missing, family members apparently were getting ring tones from family members mobiles ....... Im of the understanding that mobiles MUST be switched off when boarding yet many appeared to be on, and more bizzare is that they didn't go straight to dead line or answer service ... the phones apparently appeared to be ringing? How would this be if they were in water?

theyre swimming? Theyre on top of the plane? Most planes dont sink when they crash in the water unless they go in at a sharp angle. Theyre designed to stay afloat for a good while so passengers can evacuate.

The plane would break up when it hit the water.

The speed would have been around 400 knots when it ran out of fuel and decended into the sea. If there was a fire on board things deteriorated very quickly as there are micro phones in the oxygen masks of the crew. Nothing was heard, like a mayday call.

If a fire broke out in the cargo hold it would have filled the cabin with toxic fumes. The passengers oxygen masks supply oxygen for a short time only. The pilots would have to drop altitude quickly and change course to try and land the crippled plane at the nearest available airport, but before they could do this they and everybody else on board would have been overcome by smoke inhalation, while the plane flew on auto pilot before running out of fuel over the Indian Ocean. With regards to the mobile phones, the passengers were probably unconscious due to a change in cabin pressure and lack of oxygen.

Edited by ukaviator
Paragraph problem

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

If there was a fire in the cargo hold, then their would have been a mayday call. Plenty of time to make a call.

To aid maintenance, most airlines use the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS), which automatically collates and files four technical reports during every flight so that engineers can spot problems. These reports are sent via VHF radio or satellite at take-off, during the climb, at some point while cruising, and on landing. When an aircraft flies over land, ACARS messages are sent via VHF radio but when an aircraft is in remote regions, or over water or out of range of VHF radio, the signal automatically switches to satellite.

I suspect that there was a fire onboard in the cargo hold as it was carrying Lithium Batteries. Lithium ion batteries are used in mobile phones and laptops. These have been responsible for a number of fires on planes and have even brought aircraft down in recent years. We may have a long wait to find out.

The communication systems were turned off just after the last communication from the co-pilot. They were turned off after they were handed over from Malaysian air space control to Vietnamese air space control. Immediately afterwards the plane changed course, turning west, going back towards Malaysia.

All of the above happened in a very narrow time frame.

The fire may have been so severe that the crew had either no time to make the call, or the communication equipment was destroyed. We may have to wait a long time for the answer, meanwhile the aircraft type is still in operation.

WARNING TO ALL

It probably was a serious event and the flight crew were occupied with controlling the plane and trying to fight the fire. Aviate, navigate, and communicate is what you do in such conditions.

WARNING TO ALL

Most of the BBC's unresolved questions are easily answered if you know how a pilot thinks.

Most of the BBC's unresolved questions are easily answered if you know how a pilot thinks.

go on then, answer them. how does a pilot think?

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03/mh370-electrical-fire/

As i mentioned on page 1. Everything fits.

Thailand Satellite shows 300 objects grouped together. I'm not ruling out fire, but:-

The communication systems were turned off just after the last communication from the co-pilot. They were turned off after they were handed over from Malaysian air space control to Vietnamese air space control. Immediately afterwards the plane changed course, turning west, going back towards Malaysia. All of the above happened in a very narrow time frame.

Also apparently for 23 minutes the plane was flown at a specific height.

Well we`ll never know although I still think it was an attempted hijack.