Shop Direct Charges REclaim

kirstyo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3016 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Their form doesn't provide space for all that, it just asks you really basic things like did you give them a chance to remedy the situation, what did they say. it doesn't actually ask what your original request was so I was thinking of putting it all in an email then just attaching the form and supporting evidence which at this point is all of one letter if I don't include the few sheets of rubbish that came in reply to my sar.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is all about balance really in my view.

You could knock yourself out doing a whole lot of stuff and a huge report, half (or more) of which may not be needed. Conversely you could provide too little.

If it were me I would get the major points over such as what you feel they are required to provide, what they have failed to provide and what you would like the ICO to do about it for you.

Don't forget, the complaint doesn't necessarily need to be done using their form.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

• 2 months later...

Quick update since there isn't much to say really.

I got pretty much nowhere with the ICO,

littlewoods told them they had sent me everything and they believed them.

After some back and forth with shop direct's 'customer excellence' department

I did eventually get the explanation of terms that I was promised originally,

however not one of the explained terms is anything to do with charges so it doesn't actually help at all.

I realised that I was getting nowhere with trying to find out the actual dates and amounts of charges

so I have made a formal complaint in which I have asked for the £180 of charges that I know were definitely applied to the account

and some sort of explanation of why the balance changed from what it was to when it was sold for a higher amount to capquest.

I have also asked for the default to be removed as I believe that they are at fault here not me,

had they sorted this out at the time and not reduced my limit I would never have defaulted.

I doubt they will remove the default but I figured it was worth a try.

I gave them 30 days to respond on the 18th of last month

hopefully I should hear soon what they plan to do.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a final response from shop direct which said they are giving me nothing.

The charges were apparently all for my missed payments and letters they had to send me because of them,

I was tempted to tell them they couldn't have sent me letters since I got none in my SAR but thought better of it.

They also said that the £70 difference between the two balances was me ordering an item,

while I was over my limit and behind on my payments?

I find that hard to believe but because I cant understand anything they sent me I cant prove them wrong.

The woman assures me that there were no charges for being over my limit

and doesn't seem to understand that them making me over my limit caused the problem,

she was argues that my minimum payment wouldn't have gone up because of this

which is an outright lie because you obviously have to pay your overlimit amount

as well as your minimum and the stupid charges.

scan up the letter please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

pics have neverworked

you might have done .png not .jpg, .png works.

HOW TO UPLOAD DOCUMENTS / IMAGES ON CAGicon IMMEDIATELY YOU DO NOT NEED 10 POSTS

IMPORTANT To protect your IDENTITY and ensure you remain ANONYMOUS on CAGicon you must ensure that you REMOVE all Personal Information including Barcodes, Names, Addresses etc

ENSURE: To leave all Monetary Figures and Dates.

DO NOT USE A BIRO, PEN, SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS TO EDIT THE INFORMATION

1. SCAN YOUR DOCUMENT

- Set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300 DPI (150 will do)

- Scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture (jpg) file

- Don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

- If you have multiple scans/pictures please put these into a WORD DOC first ensuring you have removed all Personal Information before converting to PDF.

- IPHONE ONLY: Take a picture and Convert to PDF via an APP

2. HOW TO EDIT (Remove Personal Information)

- Do this using MSPAINT.EXE or any Photo Editing program and ensure to save the document.

3. HOW TO CONVERT YOUR DOCUMENT TO PDF

- If you have OFFICE installed this has an installable PRINT to PDF option so use this and save as PDF.

- If you have PDF as an installed driver use this program and save as PDF.

OR Go to one of the many free online pdf converter websites:

- http://freejpgtopdf.com/

- http://www.convert-jpg-to-pdf.net/

- http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

- http://www.pdfmerge.com/

- http://www.primopdf.com/

PLEASE REMEMBER: It would be better to upload a Multi-page PDF rather than multiple Single PDFs.

4. BEFORE UPLOADING YOUR DOCUMENT ON CAG

- Logically Name your PDF File so Users know what it is. DO NOT NAME YOUR FILE USING BANK NAMES OR CAG IN THE TITLE

- For Example: Default Notice DDicon-MM-YYYY.

IMPORTANT To protect your IDENTITY and ensure you remain ANONYMOUS on CAG please ensure that you do a final check that all Personal Information including Barcodes, Names, Addresses etc. are REMOVED before carrying out the NEXT STEP

5. HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR DOCUMENT ON CAG

- In your Thread/Post open a new msg box here.

- Click 'Go Advanced' below the msg box.

- Click 'Manage Attachments' below that box.

- Click the 'Add Files' button on the top right.

- Click 'Select Files', navigate to your file(s) on your PC.

- Click 'Upload Files'.

- You DON’T have to put a link to the attachment in the msg box just upload it ……… JOB DONE

- You can click on your links to check them too!!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

we didn't see your charges reclaim letter

neither your spreadsheet

can we see those please

dx

and they

I cant find the letter I sent anywhere, but then I cant find anything on this windows 8 laptop.

I just edited the one from the library slightly to point out about the balance discrepancy

and the fact that I didn't have a spreadsheet to send.

They followed up with a phone call and I just told them what I had already said in the letter.

I really have no idea what to do now because they are saying they have every right

to place these charges on my account and didn't seem to understand my point

that they made my payments unaffordable and that's why I couldn't pay it for the few months that were missed.

I am beginning to think I should have just paid this and fought it after the fact.

So what was the final decision by the ICO?

The letter you posted from the lender is standard....none of them will give the charges back at the first hit. If you really want these back then you need to be prepared to go the whole nine yards and sue them.

Are you 100% sure that there was no transaction history or copy statements in the information they provided in the SAR? If you are sure then I revert to the first question....what are the ICO doing about it?

From doing your research around the forums you will probably know that failure to comply with a SAR is actionable in court on its own. What consideration have you given to this course of action?

So the questions are...

1 - Are you serious about getting these charges back and if so (as mentioned in earlier posts) are you prepared to go the distance and sue them?

2 - If you are sure that they have not complied with the SAR then are you prepared to go the distance with this as well?

Unfortunately reclaiming of charges is not just a simple matter of writing a few letters. In nearly all cases court action is needed and even then there is no guarantee although you will have surely seen the successes that people have had taking this route.

You do, however, have to be committed, do your research and "go for it" if indeed you are up for it.

So you need to make a decision.....which way do you want to go?

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

All that came in the SAR were computer print outs full of code, according to shop direct this is a statement.

There were no screen notes,

none of these alleged letters I was supposedly sent,

no records of phone calls of which I know there were many.

I complained about the failed SAR at least three times both to shop direct and the ICO

and it made no difference at all.

Shop direct said they had sent everything they had and that must have been good enough

for the ICO because they wouldn't do anything at all.

The honest answer is that I wasn't planning on doing anything about the SAR

provided they sort this nonsense with charges, I might change my mind now though.

I would be more than willing to go to court,

but as I have said before how can I possibly do that when shop direct

have refused to send me the information I would need for this.

As said, failure to comply with a SAR is actionable in court itself so you could issue against them to force compliance.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

If they sent you a list of coded items, then they should have also provided you with a list of the codes and what they meant.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The original letter with the SAR said there was a list of the codes used

but there wasn't one in the envelope,

after the three complaints they did eventually send one but not all the codes are one it.

The code for charge wasn't on it but they gave me it over the phone eventually.

how about you scan up what you have got back?

dx

and they

sure

and they

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for my late reply, lots going on just now.

I have tried to scan a few pages of what I received but as its white writing on black background

it doesn't seem to come through very well.

I have had a really good look at it all again and

I am still not satisfied that it counts as statements,

but I have a feeling I would never get anywhere with that.

The ICO were uninterested,

as far as they were concerned I had been sent what I asked for

even although there is so much missing.

I am half tempted to just pay the rest of this off,

but why should I let them get away with treating me like this.

They eventually called me to discuss this and

I told them I didn't want to discus it on the phone

but they started talking anyway and

I just listened to her,

what she said was that being over my limit (their doing, not mine)

would not have led to higher minimum payments!

of course it does because you have to pay the difference between your limit and your balance, plus your normal payment.

I told her to write me a letter if she had anything to say and hung up.

This doesn't bode well for my plan to claim back charges from Very/Shop Direct

Thank you for you continued updates and I hope you get those thieving gits! as others have said I think you need to take them to small claims court now if you want to get anywhere...

I really dont want to go to court based on the little info I have.

If I had the full information I would be at court first thing tomorrow

I dont think I have the info I would need.

I might try another few letters though and see where it gets me,

since they are flat out denying that what they did made me unable to make my payments

and I cant prove them wrong with what they sent me

i doubt I will get very far.

My only option as far as shop direct are concerned is to take it up with capquest

which I might do since they have actually been surprisingly helpful through all this.

Sadly there is a process which needs to be followed.

Claimants should always be prepared to take their case through the courts as these outfits do not generally refund as a matter of course.

The process is...

1 - Prepare a spreadsheet of claim

2 - Preliminary letter to the business requesting refund and enclosing a copy of the spreadsheet.

3 - The business either ignores or responds negatively

4 - Claimant issues Letter Before Action with updated spreadsheet

5 - Business either ignores or refuses to refund

6 - Claimant issues in court

Some business will settle before a hearing, others take it all the way. There are no guarantees as to their actions and there are no guarantees that the court will find in your favour. This is why claimants must put in the leg work and do their research so that they know what they are talking about if it does get before a judge.

Some people get the impression that reclaiming penalty charges is easy and that it is just a couple of letters. Highly unrealistic. People need to be prepared to go the whole hog.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I physically cant produce a spreadsheet because they wont give me the information I need to fill one in.

I was more than willing to go to court but I need the information to do it which I dont have.

I have put in plenty of work with help from this forum over the last year

I cannot force them to produce the information they are claiming not to have

or they have already sent me.

the ico wouldnt help me so there is nothing else I can really do.