Shop Direct Charges REclaim

kirstyo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I did the same thing, but got mine just a bit late. I've found out from the information in the code explanation, that, the codes below mean this.

ADJ: Adjustment

ORD: Order

PAY/PMT: Payment

I've also found fee's like this in the screenshots

Late Min Payment Fee 12

debt collectionlink3.gif Letter Fee 12

Debt Collection telephone calllink3.gif Fee 12

Late Min Payment Fee 12

Debt Collection Letter Fee 12

Missed Min Payment Fee 12

I think the interest is whats next to "ARREARS", because It has things like "2.474" next to it. I'll upload a copy of a statement they sent me.

Thanks

Andrew

We live in a world where seeing is not believing, where only a few know what really happened.

NatWest Problem *****Refunded*****

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine didnt say anything about what the charges were for. I have given up with it to be honest, I have no idea how to proceed with it since they have already said im getting nothing. Probably left it too long now anyway.

i think it will have been said before.

after your letter to them you WILL HAVE TO ISSUE A SMALL CLAIMS action to get them back WITH INTEREsT

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I've you don't want to do it anymore and they have said there bit. I'd go to the FOS and get them to have a look at it, then just set back and see were they get with it.

I'm going to try and workout the interest and get it back with the charges. Going to be claiming under hardship because I'm not working at the min so I should be able to claim it.

Andrew

We live in a world where seeing is not believing, where only a few know what really happened.

Its not that I dont want to, its that I dont know how. I have no way of knowing what the interest rate was and dont even have half the info I should have got in my sar. I wont qualify for hardship and I honestly think I have left it too long since my last letter now.

I've found your interest rate on the 3rd page. it's "2.000" so when you convert that into compound interest it's 26.82%

I've even taken the time and done the spreadsheet for you.

Your looking at claiming back £546.46

Enjoy

Andrew

ok I really hope this uploads, had loads of bother converting it to pdf but the good news is the other half has clearly fixed the scanner because its readable now (I hope).

The first page is the letter that arrived with the SAR clearly saying there was an explanation of any codes etc used which there wasn't (I do have this now though) The page with the black back ground I have 4 of these, none of which have any screen notes other than the bit about requesting the SAR. I have 8 of the white pages, which is what they consider statements and that's it.

No default notice (although there is a note saying default sent next to one of the codes somewhere but no actual letter like they would have sent me)

No letters at all either from them to me or from me to them even although they admit to charging me for letters they sent.

No screen notes of phone calls etc and no recordings either (I know some people have had recordings in response to a SAR although I didn't expect them, I did expect there to be screen notes)

Omg how on earth did you figure that out? I have been through this stuff a hundred times and couldn't figure that out! Thank you so much, now I just need to figure out what to do next, still worried iv left it too long but doesn't hurt to try.

Don't beat yourself up over it, they did hide it well.

You also need to thank dx100uk, he was the one who gave me the website for converting the interest. And I'm sure there's no time limit on claims as long as you can proof it.

I'd fill out a personal budget sheet, link below for a good one.

https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/steps/step2/Pages/Step_2_11.aspx

And see how much money you have for creditor's. If its less then what you need to keep all your creditor's payments up, I think you can claim financial hardship. And if you can you can use the same covering letter as me.

Andrew

This is the only thing I have outstanding so I dont think I would qualify for hardship. What I mean by leaving it too lomg is that its been ages since they wrote to me telling me I was getting nothing. Still going to get another letter off to them though with the spreadsheet, like I say it can't hurt.

Are ok, I'll have a look around the site tomorrow and ask what you should claim under. And I can't see how that would matter, they haven't said they think you have a claim. So I'd get another letter off, I'd also still include a budget sheet. I think you need one to make a claim but I'll also check.

Andrew

I never included one for bank or credit cards but I know things have changed since then. My basis for claiming is that all but the first charge were unjustified as they reduced my limit when I was late with a payment to less than my current balance was causing more charges.come to think of it I have never heard back about the insurance either

They are the same fee's as mine, they not aloud to charge them. I'll have a look what you should put in the letter.

As for the PPI they will just hope you forget. If you have proof of the PPI charges you need to get them in another spread sheet and fill out a PPI questionnaire as best as you can. Also you'll need to send a CCA request for the credit agreement, you'll need it for the PPI claim.

Andrew

Actually that was the one mistake they made, I had no idea about the insurance until I got the sar back. To be honest I am not terribly fussed about the insurance because I dont think it will amount to much and I dont have much info on it since I got very little back in my sar, basically I am looking at it as a bonus if I get it. I did my credit agreement online and I dont have a copy, again not included in sar although I didn't do a cca

What information did you see in the SAR to make you think you had PPI?

Also it's always good to check, there could be a few 100 pounds on just a few years of the insurance running. And I don't think they need to, or there wouldn't be a "CCA Request" But i only say that because that would make sense. I'd get the charges done first, then do the PPI. It needs to be done in a different claim thou.

Andrew

The woman called me eventually after I kept complaining that the explanation of terms wasn't included and then was incomplete when it did arrive, on the phone she was twlling me the rest of the codes which I asked for a written copy but didnt recieve and she said the code for insurance I said that I didnt have insurance on the account and she volunteered the info that it was in fact applied to the account for a period of time so she passed it on to the department that deals with it. The account was only open a few months so I wont get much back on it but something is a lot better than nothing

Please upload all the SAR, We will first need to find out the following details:

PPI Policy Number

Cover Start Date

Cover End Date

What was covered

You will also need to send a CCA request for the copy of the credit agreement your in with them. after you have them, you'll need to find all PPI charges and put them into a spreadsheet.

Then you can start on a PPI questionnaire, It will only need a bit more information that we will go through with you.

Andrew

There is none of that info in what I got,

the only thing is on one of the 'statements' and I use that term very loosely,

there is an 'insurance charge'

I have absolutely no other info on the insurance,

I don't know what was insured or when it was applied to the account

other than that it was definitely there at least for that one month

where it appears on the sheets they sent.

I would much rather concentrate on the charges,

at least I can prove most of them (although not all of them).

right ok well if you can get the credit agreement and it says anything to do with PPI that's proof, also if you have proof of charge you should have a good chance.

So what are you thinking of putting in your covering letter?

I would start with:

Shop Direct Limited

1st Floor Skyways House

Speke Road

Speke

Liverpool

L70 1AB

Date: 06/01/2015

Dear Sir/Madam

Account number: (Littlewoods Account Number)

I am writing to reclaim all charges on my account(s) since the (date of first charge)

I am unhappy that these charges have been applied to my account and in this letter I am registering my complaint

I need you to consider the following (The reason why you feel the charges are unfair/unlawful)

I attach evidence to show a spreadsheet of charges and compound interest.

I therefore request that you repay all my charges since (date of first charge) and compound interest on the charges

which total £(Total amount of charges and compound interest).

I also request that you remove all my defaults on my credit file as I believe them to be unlawful.

Under the FCA guidelines, Shop Direct Limited has 8 weeks to resolve my complaint.

I trust that you will deal with my case within this period. If not, I will refer the matter to the the Financial Services Ombudsman.

I look forward to receiving a full response to this letter within 14 days

Yours Sincerely

Sign here

Print name

Andrew

I haven't had a lot of time to think about it over the last few days, up to my eyes in essays but that's what I sent before,

minus the spreadsheet which at that time I couldn't produce

(I just asked for the £180 of charges thats on the statement of account from capquest)

and the bit about stopping charges because they sold the account on years ago.

I guess I will just need to put in another formal complaint and say something about not being able to produce the evidence

due to the lack of info in the sar and the fact that I was unable to decipher their codes.

I just don't understand why they wont refund me,

people in similar situations have had theirs back but they seem to be doing everything they can to stop me from getting mine.

This is stopping me getting a credit card from my bank so the underwriter told me

so what other affect is it having on my credit?

I feel something should be done about these people,

they shouldn't be allowed to do to people what they did to me.

I was actually thinking about going down the irresponsible lending avenue with them at one point

but decided I would just claim the charges back.

I would go with that and get the letter off with the spreadsheet, 1 class recorded. If they refuse again, take it to small claims court. Won't cost much and not much risk.

Andrew

Yeah I will get something typed up once I get these dreaded essays out of the way. I am happy to go to court if needs be. I was worried about the idea of going to court without all the necessary info at first but I have now realised that at the very least, I can prove I did everything I could to get the info I needed, shop direct chose to either not send me it or to send it in such a way where it was concealed in all that impossible to decipher code.

Couldn't of said it better,

Please keep us updated, if you need any advice, post here someone will be able to advise. If you would like to know how my case is going. Check my post for it or PM me.

Andrew

I will keep this thread updated, wont be doing the letter till later in the week after I do these essays but I will post it up when I do. I will look for your thread, its always good to get ideas of how other ppl are getting on with their claims

That's fine, there's no need to rush this. And that's very true, I will post a link for mine down below.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?436631-Got-a-problem-with-Shop-Direct-Finance-Company-Ltd%282-Viewing%29-nbsp

Andrew

I had a look in the library for a letter that I could edit slightly to reflect my circumstances,

am I going mad or is there not one for reclaiming charges other than for hardship which I wont qualify for?

I am sure I edited one from there when I first started sending letters to shop direct over this nonsense but I cant find it now.

If I am going mad and just cant see the appropriate letter could someone link me to it please?

Planning on getting all the info together (what I have of it anyway) over the weekend a

nd getting this letter off on Monday so far all I have is my spreadsheet but hey its something right?

Mind you I assume they will just tell me that they already said no

so i don't actually know what sending them a similar letter is going to do but i will do it and see what happens