style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3713 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I would love some advice.

I moved into a new shared ownership house a year ago.

The house is, somewhat ironically, called an ‘Eco-House’.

The water pump from the rain water harvesting system is defective. This faulty pump, which is meant to take the rainwater through a pipe system to the upstairs lavatory and washing machine, is permanently on 24/7; that is, constantly operating, whether there is a demand from these appliances or not. These pumps range in power from 800w to over 1000w.

Since I moved in and until this week (upon discovering the fault), my electric consumption has been around 20 kWh per day. This has now, since discovering the fault and, for safety reasons, having to switch the faulty pump unit off at the mains, dropped to approximately 8 kWh per day (roughly my consumption in my previous home).

Also, of course, before the discovery of the defective pump, it was operating 24/7 for a year, and has had, therefore, the equivalent usage of a pump of 25 years old or so.

Using an energy monitor I’m video recording how much this pump uses and I intend to use this as evidence if there is any dispute from the housing association or building contractor.

Any other tips/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ianbrodski

You had 4 threads all with the same issue. I have merged them into one leaving just the one post.

Please stick to one thread per issue.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi ian

Welcome to CAG

So are you seeking compensation from housing association or building contractor to get the pump fixed?

Hi, Was the pump incorrectly connected by the builders electrician, OR has the "Flow switch" failed?

Have you had it repaired ? If so; What was the conclusion of the engineer?

How old is the house?

F16

If this is a new build any problems should be guaranteed by the builder. What does the HA say about it?

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi - thanks for your replies!

It's still early days - I'm still waiting for the HA to respond to my reporting the faulty pump on Friday. I've just completed video recording the energy consumption from the pump.