BBC Three to be axed as on-air channel

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3721 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26447089

BBC Three is to be dropped from TV schedules and will move online, as part of the BBC's cost-cutting plans.
Now I'm lucky I get 70mb download/15 mb upload speed,but what about those who get lower BB speeds or have No internet at all ?

Bet they wont reduce the price of TVL due to this move,if it does go ahead ?

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

If the BBC got rid of a lot of there top management,they could save millions !

There a old saying

too many bosses not enough workers

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Prob has virgin cable internet. That things fast as hell, but they can be very restrictive. I'm with sky and get 40/20 but on a 25/1 contention.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Prob has virgin cable internet. That things fast as hell, but they can be very restrictive. I'm with sky and get 40/20 but on a 25/1 contention.

that wld explain it :)

is yrs fibre?

IMO

:-):rant:

Yea FTTC unfortunately. BT want close to £1000 to put fibre to the house, but then i'd get around 40mb actual download rate instead of theoretical. 40MB DL is actually 2.6-2.8 in reality with FTTC.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

! do you live in an exchange?

The exchange is about 2 miles away me and the green BT cabinet is about 50 yards from where I live

On BT Infinity 2, hence the high speeds I get !

The exchange is about 2 miles away me and the green BT cabinet is about 50 yards from where I live

On BT Infinity 2, hence the high speeds I get !

hi

not bad speeds! seems uncommon to get right near the 'up to' speeds they all advertise unless next to an exchange?

IMO

hi

not bad speeds! seems uncommon to get right near the 'up to' speeds they all advertise unless next to an exchange?

Yes, all depends on how old phone line is and so on

From the Exchange the fiber optic cable run's to the green BT cabinet,then they use the copper cable to the Premises ....

BT say in our area they are starting "Fibre-to-the-Premises" from may 2015 on Infinity 3 and 4

160/300 mb downloads,uploads 20mb ....

My 1st internet connection all them years ago was dial up 56k, then my 1st BB at 512 kbps download :whoo:

My 1st internet connection all them years ago was dial up 56k, then my 1st BB at 512 kbps download :whoo:

those were the days :) remember the screechy noise and 50 attempts when dialling up! thank dudes for the advance in technology :)

as sequenci says, the 3/4g phone may provide better speeds for some (certainly for mine!). maybe time to drop the landline BB, and just go with that re an unlimited data?

IMO

those were the days :) remember the screechy noise and 50 attempts when dialling up! thank dudes for the advance in technology :)

as sequenci says, the 3/4g may provide better speeds (certainly for mine!). maybe time to drop the landline BB, and just go with that re an unlimited data?