Collectica SMS on Landline

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3741 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,

I'm getting texts from collectica for someone who used to reside at my address, but hasn't been for about two months now, long story short i don't talk to him anymore and i have no idea what this is for.

I telephoned Collectica and they told me to get my address taken off their system i needed to provide a council tax bill.

Do i have to give them a copy of my council tax bill ?

Do i have to give them a copy of my council tax bill ?

Hi,

You are under no obligation to send Collectica or any DCA any of your personal information ever.

Contact your phone provider and you can cancel the sms system off of your landline.

Don't phone and get involved in useless talk, if they start to ring you can add the telephone number to your telephone providers block lists.

Write to Collectica, tell them that unless they withdraw your telephone number from their systems then you will make complaints to both the OFT and ICO.

Are you sure that it was someone at your address? Mainly these numbers are recycled.

For example, the village where I live has just 26 houses in it but I get calls from a heating oil Company, they told me the address which was for the village 2 miles away.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

I am sure it was someone who lived here, as i asked this person to leave at the start of the new year. I do not know his address, and to be frank, i don't want to know.

I am emailing them now, and will copy and paste that email into a word document, print it off and send it to them also.

I have said "I telephoned your office today, and spoke to someone as i am getting SMS on my landline for someone who no longer lives at my address. He told me to send a copy of my Council Tax Bill, to which i am reliably informed that I am under no obligation to do so.

Unless you withdraw my telephone number off your system i will contact the OFT and ICO. My landline is XXXXX XXXXXX.

Edited by stu007
Removing Landline number

I have no idea the texts are "Mr blah blah contact collectica on number reference blah" only every so often (maybe once/twice a month) i never open letters addressed to anyone else, but i think i may have to