style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3723 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, ive been looking through a lot of info but its just confusing me to be honest

can someone give me a dummies guide to these schemes! lol

say for instance there is a three bed property

the price range is 80'000

and you need a minimum of 45% share in it

so from that information how do you go about it.

My general figuring is, you get a deposit of the 45%?

then you pay the monthly rent?

in relation this also, whats the deal with the credit score process. Surely not everyone on these schemes are required to have a perfect credit score? but at least not in the red?

yeah anyway just would be good to have some guidance,im normally okay when i read information but with so many different schemes and prices and numbers,its just baffling,wish i knew why!

I think it will very much depend on the individual HA, area, criteria etc how this will work. As a starting point I suggest that you contact the Help to Buy agent for your area linked below. I guess that your credit rating would be an issue as you'd need a mortgage so it would inevitably need to be checked. http://www.helptobuy.org.uk/equity-loan/find-helptobuy-agent

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,Shared Ownership is geared towards proper homeownership, and therefore all the normal checks required for a full 100% mortgage will apply for whatever % you want to buy. Some HAs may offer lower % of the mortgage if they feel you won’t be able to keep up with the repayments. You will need a deposit for the % you wish to buy, plus all the other expenses attached to buying, solicitors fees (possibly stamp duty as well) moving etc. The HA should have all that information on the property specs on their website. Once you register your interest in that property you will be asked to prove your earnings, and that you have the finances in place. If you meet all of that you can then contact the seller/arrange for a viewing.I’m currently in this shared ownership scheme and am looking to sell, so if I can help further let me know.