GE applying for repossession, help/advice please.

ynys60
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3730 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been sent a letter by GE telling me they intend to apply for a court date to ask for repossession,

this is on the grounds that we're £6000 + in arrears,

I've tried phoning them to come to an agreement,

and despite having a 1 month old baby in the house

they've said that we have to pay a £6000 lump sum or it's court,

we don't have £6000 spare or anywhere near that amount.

We've had the loan/mortgage since 2005 ( the house was paid for at that point)

and it was for 63,000,

when I asked how much it would be to repay in full they said £61000 plus an early repayment fee.

Since we had the loan we have missed maybe 3 or 4 payments in total,

the arrears seem to come from all the fee's, interest etc etc they add on,

most months we pay a bit extra,

it should be £320 and we pay approx £360 and it still doesn't come down.

Any advice or help etc would be great,

I really don't know what's next,

I get more sense talking to my dog than I do trying to talk to GE.

Thanks.

Hi and welcome to cag. Sounds like they're piling charges on faster than you can repay them. Unless you have all the statements, I suggest that you send a sar with a £10 fee so you can get all the information to see what's going on and claim the charges back.

Do you have PPI?

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

yep typical GE money

couldn't give a stuff

I bet most of this is down to PENALTY/Arrears fees

and spoof unnecessary insurances.

all can be reclaimed.

I wouldn't bother with them on the phone

brick & Wall comes to mind.

get that SAr off ASAP

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, and thanks for the speedy replies so far. Forgive my ignorance but what is the SAR? and how do I go about that. We do have the dreaded PPi and from what I've read here it has been mis-sold so that's some else for us to look at ( £24 ish per month since 2005).

but what is the SAR? and how do I go about that.

Click on the word SAR.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

SAR is a subject Access Request and it entitles you to all the data they hold in respect of your financial relationship. You will be looking to receive statements amongst other things in order to take note of the charges and fees which are likely to be reclaimable.

You will need to enclose £10.00 with the request (statutory fee) and you will find a draft request in the link below.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?404-Data-Protection

You should send it to their Head/Registered office - send by tracked mail and they have 40 calendar days in which to respond.

How long do you have left to go on the mortgage/loan ? Will you be able to make the contractual payment plus extra for the arrears ?

• Haha 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

SAR is a subject Access Request and it entitles you to all the data they hold in respect of your financial relationship. You will be looking to receive statements amongst other things in order to take note of the charges and fees which are likely to be reclaimable.

You will need to enclose £10.00 with the request (statutory fee) and you will find a draft request in the link below.

You should send it to their Head/Registered office - send by tracked mail and they have 40 calendar days in which to respond.

How long do you have left to go on the mortgage/loan ? Will you be able to make the contractual payment plus extra for the arrears ?

Thank you, I will sort out the SAR tomorrow. There is 16 yrs 7 months left , we can meet the contractual £320 per month plus a little extra for legitimate arrears. However by this time next year I'll be in a position to pay them off in full, but will have to take advice on what to do about all the "extras" GE add on, I don't feel inclined to pay them the £61000 they're asking at the momoent.

Hi, and thanks for the speedy replies so far. Forgive my ignorance but what is the SAR? and how do I go about that. We do have the dreaded PPi and from what I've read here it has been mis-sold so that's some else for us to look at ( £24 ish per month since 2005).

Sorry for using abbreviations without explaining.

I suspect charges and ppi will go a long way to reducing the amount owed.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Have you written to them. You need to get an offer of repayment on record.

Offer your contractual amount plus whatever you can afford off the arrears explain why you have had difficulties in the past and why you are confident that this will not now be a problem. Send it recorded post.

If you can get a couple of payments in before any hearing it will always stand you in good stead.

The court will look at any attempts you have made to rectify the situation, telephone calls are of little or no use. The creditor should attempt to do everything they cant to avoid re possession, so you must make it a difficult as you can for them to contend that you are unwilling to pay.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Have you written to them. You need to get an offer of repayment on record.

Offer your contractual amount plus whatever you can afford off the arrears explain why you have had difficulties in the past and why you are confident that this will not now be a problem. Send it recorded post.

If you can get a couple of payments in before any hearing it will always stand you in good stead.

The court will look at any attempts you have made to rectify the situation, telephone calls are of little or no use. The creditor should attempt to do everything they cant to avoid re possession, so you must make it a difficult as you can for them to contend that you are unwilling to pay.

I haven't written to them yet, it's just been phone calls, we do pay a bit extra most months and will be doing this week. We tried to sort out a repayment of arrears but they said it was a £6000 lump sum or nothing. As the arrears are partly made up of unlawful charges I don't know what to do.

Could I argue in court that because I'm claiming back unlawful charges (don't have a final figure yet, but it will be approaching £6000) their (GE) claim of £6000 arrears is not correct and if they hadn't applied these unlawful charges my arrears would have been payed off long ago? Hope that makes sense.

Could I argue in court that because I'm claiming back unlawful charges (don't have a final figure yet, but it will be approaching £6000) their (GE) claim of £6000 arrears is not correct and if they hadn't applied these unlawful charges my arrears would have been payed off long ago? Hope that makes sense.

If you have missed three payments they can apply for re possession, the charges issue will not alter this. You must pursue a suitable re payment plan in order to halt any re possession. The charges issue can be addressed when this threat is off the table.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS