ESA Ends, any advice Please

Timbo_uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3733 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last year I was changed from incapacity to ESA in the work related activity group. I had to see a lady at the Job centre

and she said that I won't need to be seen for 6 months because of my disability and could see how my Ankylosing spondylitis was effecting me, I have not been called into the jobcentre at all from that day. I was told that after 365 days I would be able just claim another benefit. I have since phoned the jobcentre for advice I was told that as my partner was working 10 hrs a week I could claim Income related benefit but told I may just get about £3.00 a week and really should have gone in the support group but its to late to do anything now. I had a medical last year and still get my mobility and low care payment. But use my Mobility for my car to go to my Hospital appointments.

I am really worried and it getting me down and not fare on my partner as we are really struggling they already take some her wages away from us because she works 10 hrs a week while I am on benefits.

Is there anyone that can give us any advice please

:Timbo_uk:

Bit puzzled by the '...... already take some of her wages away from us ......' Why? Your contributions flavoured employment n support shouldn't affect your partner's earnings, or vice versa.

Unless your award's partially income flavoured cos you were previously on income support. If so, at the end of three hundred and sixty five days most of your contributions flavoured award will be replaced by an income flavoured one.

Either way when your circumstances change, as a couple you'll be entitled to £142 ish per week in addition to your disability living. £20 per week of your partner's earnings will be disregarded. Anything over and above £20 will be offset against income related entitlement. Entitlement will be less if you and your partner have savings in excess of £6,000.

Absolute time limit to appeal a pre 28 October 13 decision is thirteen months but you'd need bereavement or serious illness as the reason for delay.

If you believe your condition's deteriorated since your conversion award you can ask Jobcentreplus to reassess your capability for work related activity, but currently it's taking forever for reassessments.

Best wishes, Margaret.